• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Depends what the job is. Surely it’s more sensible to take someone on who you haven’t got to train for a couple of years?

Depends what the job is. Surely it’s more sensible to take someone on who you haven’t got to train for a couple of years?

Alternatively if they've picked up bad habits you have to train them anyway and remove their bad habits. As you say it does depend what the job is. On the flip side experience can be a great thing but only if that person is adaptable.

Thanks LJ(and other well wishers).

I didn’t get it though! Apparently I ‘blew them away’ in my interview but the person they went with had more experience.. which for this role was the one thing I thibk they’d say! As I said earlier, I was pleased with myself anyway! The hunt continues..

Do ask them for constructive feedback if you can mate. I had an interview that I thought I did ok in, but the feedback I got was brilliant. I didn't get the job, and the fella spent 45 mins on the phone going through my application and the interview. I made 4 pages of notes, and got the next job I had an interview for.

I applied for another job last week, and though I didn't get shortlisted, I have a meeting next week to get feedback.

Yeah I'm going in today (as I have another meeting there anyway) and they said they would give me feedback. Though on the phone they said 'we aren't sure what feedback to give you'. But as you say, it will only help me for next time.

Ask them how you could have set yourself apart from other candidates. In a way, they need to justify why they didn't give you the job.

Poor Louis. Not enough experience at not being racist...

I've got to give feedback to an unsuccessful candidate today. She did a great interview, and would have been absolutely great at the job. But there was only one position and we just went with our gut feeling on who would be the better fit. So I won't really have anything to say to her in terms of things she could have done better, other than "be the other person next time".

I've got to give feedback to an unsuccessful candidate today. She did a great interview, and would have been absolutely great at the job. But there was only one position and we just went with our gut feeling on who would be the better fit. So I won't really have anything to say to her in terms of things she could have done better, other than "be the other person next time".

I know its a bit trite, but there will be a reason for your gut feeling. I always try and work out what it is (usually with me it comes down to a better personality fit, which is not easy to explain to the unsuccessful candidate).

I know its a bit trite, but there will be a reason for your gut feeling. I always try and work out what it is (usually with me it comes down to a better personality fit, which is not easy to explain to the unsuccessful candidate).

Yeah, that's the point I was making really. We thought the other candidate would just gel a bit better with the existing team. Sometimes it just comes down to "who would you rather spend an hour in the pub with". But that's difficult to put across.

Thanks folks,

4th anniversary of moving in. seemed a good day to pick, and also a date I'll remember! I should have asked her sooner tbh.

So at what point were you going to tell me all this ?????

Back