• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

After running into brick walls over experience for Grad Jobs I've had double good news today 1) accepted for a voluntary role for Derby Citizens Advice giving advice and working on their research projects and 2) been given a part time paid job for Sainsbury.

Few months of this and hopefully enough on my CV for paid roles :)

Top break so far in Cornwall but this little chap never fails to make me smile

21743309_10155786643744443_3598770049549738825_n.jpg

After running into brick walls over experience for Grad Jobs I've had double good news today 1) accepted for a voluntary role for Derby Citizens Advice giving advice and working on their research projects and 2) been given a part time paid job for Sainsbury.

Good stuff Lincs. Hopefully something good comes from all your hard work

Top work Sir.

Top break so far in Cornwall but this little chap never fails to make me smile

21743309_10155786643744443_3598770049549738825_n.jpg
[/QUOTE

We'll be in Cornwall in two weeks time with Labradoodle Flo. She makes us smile everyday and she loves the beach.

Fair play Lincs.
After my graduation I started volunteering in a CAB to get the experience to move into paid work.
CABx can be very rewarding experiences.
I earned an income working a twilight shift in a factory (hated it).
Managed to gain enough experience in 15 months to move on.

What are you looking to go into with your career?

Thanks all.

Fair play Lincs.
After my graduation I started volunteering in a CAB to get the experience to move into paid work.
CABx can be very rewarding experiences.
I earned an income working a twilight shift in a factory (hated it).
Managed to gain enough experience in 15 months to move on.

What are you looking to go into with your career?

Yeah, a friend still fits in volunteering now because he finds it so rewarding. Looking forward to getting started.

Career wise I'm interested in housing roles plan to use some of my pay to sit some online courses with the Chartered Institute of Housing to add a few extra strings. Equally if the planets align I could see myself sticking with CA if the right paid role came along.

Thanks all.

Yeah, a friend still fits in volunteering now because he finds it so rewarding. Looking forward to getting started.

Career wise I'm interested in housing roles plan to use some of my pay to sit some online courses with the Chartered Institute of Housing to add a few extra strings. Equally if the planets align I could see myself sticking with CA if the right paid role came along.
Good Luck. I worked for a couple of HA's too.
Happy to discuss in detail if you wish.

IME I found the CAB roles rewarding, interesting, and learned absolutely loads. Equally, I do think elements of CABx are very insular, that isn't always helpful. I'd avoid staying in a role above 2 years with them - easy to stagnate quickly. I met some brilliant people, especially the volunteers.
I found the housing roles very political indeed. Gotta be honest, I wouldn't return to work in housing again unless I absolutely had to.

My son Harrison Thomas Hughes was born this evening at 20.17 couldnt be more prouder if I tried

Thank you all, the wifes in a lot of pain but nothing worse than being married to me

Congrats James. You get any sleep last night? :icon_wink:

Yes because the babies at the hospital with the good lady and I’d been up 30 hours so I got sent home

Back