• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Make sure you get your work life balance right. I spent much too much time at work when my kids were little and regret it massively now.

Thanks Tony it something that is going to really be difficult as I currently work nearly all of my rest days so cutting back for family is definately on my mind.

Expect to be a zombie for the first few weeks at the very least. It takes a good while for the body to adjust to disturbed sleep.

Make sure you get your work life balance right. I spent much too much time at work when my kids were little and regret it massively now.

Fully agree with this and not just during the first few months - have vivid memories of my first born holding on to my leg when I went to work as he didn't want me to go & then getting back home after he had gone to bed & was asleep.

We would have survived financially with a lower paid less intensive job & wish I had done that (can't go back and relive your life though)

A one footed parrot has flew into my Mom's house. Just after getting rid of a snake, another pet literally flies through the window. Any way I'm a soppy git at times and to see him getting round his cage and flying about the living room, managing with his 1 foot and 1 sort of stump, is really uplifting. Bless him.

I have that concert on my Sky box. The version of Romeo & Juliet they do is absolutely wonderful.

Knopfler is a hugely underrated guitarist

The solo on Telegraph Road is one of my favourites of all time.

Interestingly, there is a bum note in the original studio version of Sultans of Swing. Knopfler did it in one take and they left it in by accident. And now everyone plays covers of the song with the bum note in it.

Just about to finish a 12hr shift and then going out for a meal with the family as Tom goes to university tomorrow while I work another 12hr shift!
(I like the idea of the meal and Tom going) ;)

Knopfler is a hugely underrated guitarist

The solo on Telegraph Road is one of my favourites of all time.

Interestingly, there is a bum note in the original studio version of Sultans of Swing. Knopfler did it in one take and they left it in by accident. And now everyone plays covers of the song with the bum note in it.

didnt know about about the bum note..interesting..love his relaxed playing style with his thumb :)

yeah, its a great band indeed...must practice on my guitrarr now, got really inspired...

I saw Dire Straits twice at their peak and went to see Knopfler on his own a couple of years ago.....he is a genius.

Down To The Waterline is a great Knopfler guitar song too.

My friends.

Had a very tough week last week after my break up and felt really down, but it's been brilliant how many people have been there for me - it's given me a real lift. Feel loads better today, off to the game this weekend (a full day on the beers - pre and post match) and a few more plans over the coming weeks to look forward to.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

My friends.

Had a very tough week last week after my break up and felt really down, but it's been brilliant how many people have been there for me - it's given me a real lift. Feel loads better today, off to the game this weekend (a full day on the beers - pre and post match) and a few more plans over the coming weeks to look forward to.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

Well me and my brother are down for the game and staying over so don't be a stranger Ian!

Well me and my brother are down for the game and staying over so don't be a stranger Ian!

Cool - I'm coming with Matt so we'll be out and about. We'll probably do our usual and stay in the Western pre-match but open to suggestions for afterwards. Not seen you in ages so will be good to catch up!

Cool - I'm coming with Matt so we'll be out and about. We'll probably do our usual and stay in the Western pre-match but open to suggestions for afterwards. Not seen you in ages so will be good to catch up!

The first call post match is usually Bohemian. Quick service and some decent beers!

Yeah I like it in there. It's becoming my traditional post match venue now.

Back