• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Really sorry to hear this Fred - I've been through exactly the same thing and its not easy, but it WILL get much easier over time. Wishing you all the best, mate.
Thanks Langers, remember your troubles

It wasn't the intercooler hose! It was the catalytic converter. All done and the car is purring.

Maybe this should be in the music thread, I dunno.

Anyway, Micro called me from his dad's house last night. He wanted me to teach him Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer on the guitar. Okay, fine I can do that. So I showed him the basic riffs, thinking that would fine for an 11-year-old.

Nope, he wants to learn the fiddly bits. So, I said, "who do you prefer, Kerry King or Jeff Hanneman?". He was all "Hanneman all the way, King is a bit of a dick" (so proud). And so I showed him how to play the solos. All one-potato-two-potato.

Second run through he has pretty much nailed it.

The boy can seriously play.

Maybe this should be in the music thread, I dunno.

Anyway, Micro called me from his dad's house last night. He wanted me to teach him Seasons in the Abyss by Slayer on the guitar. Okay, fine I can do that. So I showed him the basic riffs, thinking that would fine for an 11-year-old.

Nope, he wants to learn the fiddly bits. So, I said, "who do you prefer, Kerry King or Jeff Hanneman?". He was all "Hanneman all the way, King is a bit of a dick" (so proud). And so I showed him how to play the solos. All one-potato-two-potato.

Second run through he has pretty much nailed it.

The boy can seriously play.

Nice. Get him playing along to a click track (most digital fx boards have them) or a metronome as early as possible.

So that when he joins a band, he'll have no trouble keeping time during solos. 9 out of 10 lead players can't jam with a drummer. The ones that can, usually started practising with click tracks at an early age. So if Micro wants to play the Slayer/Megadeth stuff, he needs to know how to count a steady 16 while he's shredding.

That is a great tip. It was my failing as a shredder, so I am making sure he doesn't have the same problem

Mr Penguin. He's still got some romance left in him!

Penguins tonight.

Seeing old photos that make you go 'Awwwww '
Getting into 2 dresses that have been up the 'non wearing ' end of my wardrobe. Tags and labels still attached... not anymore :breakdance:

When you're watching Countdown and you solve the numbers game that even Rachel Riley said she couldnt get in time!

And I got the conundrum in 5s too which no-one got.

Happy days.

I must admit that my brain ceases functioning every time Rachel Riley appears.

When you're watching Countdown and you solve the numbers game that even Rachel Riley said she couldnt get in time!

And I got the conundrum in 5s too which no-one got.

Happy days.

You should apply to go on countdown. I was thinking of doing so a while back, but thought better of it in case I made a fool of myself. Though I am usually quite good on the numbers game.

I got the conundrum when I was 7...

Happy that I have finished my second year at uni! How time flies.

wednesday - advised have passed probationary period at work.
thursday - advised will be re-graded (upwards) as a result of good work in probationary period. Plus additional responsibilities.

Not a bad week then :)

thursday - advised will be re-graded (upwards) as a result of good work in probationary period. Plus additional responsibilities.

Pleased to see that you have found a good place to be that acknowledges good work LJ

Well done LJ.

Great news LJ... Did you get my text mate?

Back