• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

Christmas shopping done. Maximum efficiency.

+1 got mine finished today.

I'm done AND all wrapped. First time I've ever been so organised.

Must be the years of experience :D I always struggle to get mine quickly. Not sure what to get my Mum or my seven year old sister right now.

In others news, chuffed that I got an A4 on a test I sat last week. Been a bit worried about it as I didn't really finish it properly, 40 minute test and with ten minutes left I'd only done the first out of three questions.

I dunno, I knew when I was 15 that voluntarily going Christmas shopping with a girl would be a bad idea. :)

Good work on the exam btw. Still enjoying it?

Cheers! yeah it's brilliant, course is perfect for me and there are loads of opportunities to go and work in the industries. There's a work placement I could apply for next year with Norwich alongside my studies but think it might be a bit too much (plus I would need to be able to drive). Got to start doing house viewings next month too...

Smashing. Great that you have avenues into work, I loved my course and love what I do (well, mostly) but I was 27 before I used my degree at all and in my early 30s by the time I got myself properly sorted out with it. To have a future mapped out (but not locked down) is great stuff.

And further good news: interview for a job I really want confirmed for early Jan. I like aspects of freelancing but I'm a bit tired of constantly hustling. I'll have to give up some of my freedom if I get this but it all fits. I just fancy something different for a bit, and if it doesn't work out I have stuff to fall back on.

Congrats mate and good luck.

What job is it? I'm looking forward to starting mine on the 5th Jan now.

Pretty much being the link between departments in England/Germany/France, handling all incoming and outgoing comms, bit of marketing/PR. Posh admin basically.

Awesome! Good luck in Jan :D

Great news Dan...Good luck with the interview.
Be sure to let me know when you're on your way into Wolves on Saturday

Tonight I get to feel like the old bastard that I am as I celebrate my Daughters 18th Birthday!!

Lovely that pub is. Soon to have a Wacky Warehouse as well

Coming up to my 5th year in Darlaston, not been in one pub in the "town"

Lovely that pub is. Soon to have a Wacky Warehouse as well

Coming up to my 5th year in Darlaston, not been in one pub in the "town"

It's where i watched the Play off Final game! Think it's run by the family of someone i went to school with now, they used to run another pub a bit closer to my house, I particularly enjoyed their 'Pikey's with horses' events that seemed to be going on pretty much every weekend through the summer.

I haven't been in a pub in Darlaston for a while either to be honest, probably at least 12 months, always to go in The Vine most weekends because it's about 90 seconds walk from my house and we knew the then landlord well, not been in since he left but believe they've had some trouble with neighbours lately. The Swan used to be decent enough, next to the town hall, but again haven't been in there since the owners i knew moved on when the parents got divorced. Other than that you're probably not missing out on anything, The Crown is alright if you want to watch some football with some Indian food i suppose but it's a bit of an atmosphere blackhole.

Back