• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things You Are HAPPY About Thread.

I need my favourite tracks from the 50s as well if I'm getting on this bus.

"its 2pm and we are live with the James on the Bus Show. All your favourite Carpenter tracks inbetween stops and live chats with the passengers"?

That's quite funny man

For once can you guys not be sarcastic sods?

That ain't happening any time soon, sorry

I was going to as well before you said 'Happy Holidays'.

I love guitars but would never pretend to know much about them, but my girlfriend and I went to her friends house for a Chinese last night and it turns out her friend's husband works for a leading Guitar manufacturer. His study was IMMENSE. Had a very enjoyable evening playing on his Les Paul and Telecaster through an amp the size of a small European country.

Marvellous evening.

It's finally Christmas Eve. :)

Is it wrong to visit someone at the Crem and end up laughing your heads off ? If it is, it didnt feel wrong, it felt happy :)

Had an excellent Cheese n Port night last night with some lovely people :)

Despite eating and drinking more than I usually would, I've lost 3lb :)

My Sister, she makes me happy :)

Tomorrow's dinner at the Mol. So excited :)

Hope we all have a brilliant day tomorrow, this would make me happy :)

Just been told I can log off when I'm ready to.

Off to the pub it is!! Huzzah!!

I love guitars but would never pretend to know much about them, but my girlfriend and I went to her friends house for a Chinese last night and it turns out her friend's husband works for a leading Guitar manufacturer. His study was IMMENSE. Had a very enjoyable evening playing on his Les Paul and Telecaster through an amp the size of a small European country.

Marvellous evening.

Which one?

Which manufacturer I guess!!!

I have just set up and tested a tasty little Marshall bedroom amp and Yamaha pacifica for mini squeeze. It sounds AWESOME. Going to be an incredibly happy girl tomorrow.

My first guitar was a natural Yamaha Pacifica. Lovely little guitars. I still have it, and my valvestate 30W Marshall amp that I got around the same time.

Pacificas are lovely starter guitars. This one has a beautiful low action as well. Really, really impressed, and that is coming from a man with a custom ESP, a custom Schechter and a Les Paul. Perfect starter guitar for her, and the tone is nothing short of phenomenal.

I'm happy that the four packages that we have been emailing desperately about made it here today. Panic over. Especially with the one we ordered on 30 November.

Yeah the action was the thing that convinced me to buy it when I tried it in the shop. That and a nice neck that wasn't too wide.

I'd already read in a mate's magazine that they were considered very well made starter guitars so that was the clincher really.

Decent pick ups as well. This one makes a cracking clean sound, and if you turn the gain up it sounds like Satan's flatulence.

Yeah the decent pickups rings a bell too. I actually prefer the body shape to a Fender Strat personally. I like the deeper swoosh and longer point at the top (if you get me).

DiMarzio. That's it I think. Been trying to remember the make of the pickups since my last post.

I have a mate I used to go to school with who builds guitars for a living now. This is one of his original designs, called The Vendetta:

WezV1.jpg

I have Seymour Duncan in my ESP custom, and EMGs in my Schechter. Both tremendous brands. But DiMarzio are right up there.

Back