• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The things that I really, really like thread...

Yes I thought that. Though the North and South Staffordshires had very similar badges. I would hazard a guess that he was in the South Staffordshires. Which means he could well have been present at the battle of the Somme, presuming he was enlisted in 1916. What was his full name please?

All I know is his name was William Butler born 1878, making him 38 at the time of the Somme, I would have thought more likely South Staffs.

Ok thanks Paul. Sorry to be a pain, but do you know his rank and if he survived the war?

Moderators - sorry for bringing WW1 into yet another thread. Please feel free to move the last few posts to the relevant thread if you wish.

It's fine Frank - quite interesting actually!

I'll see if i can get hold of my Mom later Frank

I'll see if i can get hold of my Mom later Frank

Thank you. I am in the process of compiling a list of men who served throughout the war. And we are trying to put more details together regarding some of these men. Your Great Grandfather would have been 36 at the start of the war, and if he was in the army at that time then there is every chance that he was in the BEF who went to France in August 1914.

Listening to my daughter laughing her socks off to Fawlty Towers the Rat episode :)

Listening to my daughter laughing her socks off to Fawlty Towers the Rat episode :)

Older humour doesn't always transpose generations, but good when it does.

When my youngest got & understood the humour of the Goon Show was a heart warming day

I've found Laurel & Hardy to transcend all generations, even 90 years later !

http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/143165/SCURLOCK, RICHARD CHARLES

This was my great great grand father. My Nan thought he died at sea and the family only found out he was buried in Belgium two years ago, so unfortunately my Great grandad never got to visit his father's grave

Thank you for sharing that with us.

He must have died defending Ypres. Given the carnage on the Somme, many people forgot that thousands of British soldiers were killed or injured on the Ypres salient in 1916.

A productive day shopping, although Mr Penguins face was a fucking picture at times.

Cheese board, crackers and port in me jim jams watching the Steelers. Happy days. :)

11 days to go :) :) :) :) :)

Apparently the actual clock face scene was only about six foot off the floor, but the climb up the building was totally him, no harness, wires etc.

My example :)

Wasn't sure whether that had been done level & then inverted - if he really did that climb then that is awesome

I've found Laurel & Hardy to transcend all generations, even 90 years later !

Laurel and Hardy were, are, and will probably always be regarded as one of the the greatest comedy acts. Their biography is a brilliant read.

Isn't that rather uncomfortable?

Made me rather Christmassy. Only seem to have Port in the month of December for some reason, don't know why as I really enjoy a glass or two. I like drinking it whilst eating me cheese and crackers, or sipping with a Christmas film on. Must get some proper Port glasses though as drinking it from wine glasses isn't very posh. Plus, Port always warms ya cockles as its going down and when youve got ya jim jams on it makes ya feel cosy and Christmassy. And im gonna log off now as I was very nearly tempted to start a Christmas time mistletoe and wine thread. Also logging off as when im excited I tend to ramble on and on and on and o..........

Back