• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things That I Really Really DISLIKE Thread.

The day I put porridge oats in the microwave is the day they cart me off to the funny farm.

Heat it up on the hob.
Sack that, extra washing up.

I've got no time for porridge, it seems like a good idea sometimes but never make it more than a third of the way through a bowl. Cereal or jam on toast much better breakfast alternatives.

Porridge, a bit of sugar and a chopped up banana.

Microwaved - Mark is right. Unnecessary washing up is a crime.

I used to heat it up on the hob, but the difference in negligible nowadays in taste. Plus it's loads more hassle.

Balls to making porridge on the hob, microwave is fine. I don't have time to be shitting around with stirring and ferricking about in the freezer for a quenelle of Ben & Jerry's. What kind of cockbarnacle would do that at half five in the morning?

Haven't had Porridge for years. Once a week my Mum used to make enough to feed the town we lived in (the 6 of us didn;t really need to eat again for the next 48 hours). That was some effort to make but it was superb stuff. Only topping allowed was a bit of extra milk, sugar and butter

I have it every morning before work, partly for convenience and partly because it's the only thing that I've found to keep me going until 10 or so when I'll eat again. Plus, it's one of the few cereals we can have as my wife has she gets very ill from anything with more than 5% sugar.

Porridge on the hob every time. Hardly any fuss. Rinse the pan out, bung it in the dishwasher.
That said, we haven't replaced our microwave after it broke so no other option.

Have it most Saturdays. Chopped banana, brown sugar or golden syrup in it.

I do mine on the hob. Oats & full fat milk, topped with either sugar & syrup and whatever fruit I can find. I love porridge.

Oh, and it's got to be proper big oats too, not that tiny powdery shite that basically gives you wallpaper paste.

Hob or microwave, either doesn't change the fact that it still doesn't taste that special! Microwave for me as theres less faffing about. I prefer the smaller oats as the large ones taste too chewy. I can't sprinkle mine with sugar, or syrups, or use full fat milk, so you can imagine that having it my way (porridge and skimmed milk) is pretty shit.

BUT, today for once I'm going to try a small bowl Lycans way. Porridge, Ice Cream, Blueberries, and a spot of honey ( but no whisky!) Done on the hob.

Lycan, it better be good.

Porridge on the hob every time. Hardly any fuss. Rinse the pan out, bung it in the dishwasher.

Posh bastard. I'm the dishwasher. Therefore, microwave every time.

Hob or microwave, either doesn't change the fact that it still doesn't taste that special! Microwave for me as theres less faffing about. I prefer the smaller oats as the large ones taste too chewy. I can't sprinkle mine with sugar, or syrups, or use full fat milk, so you can imagine that having it my way (porridge and skimmed milk) is pretty shit.

BUT, today for once I'm going to try a small bowl Lycans way. Porridge, Ice Cream, Blueberries, and a spot of honey ( but no whisky!) Done on the hob.

Lycan, it better be good.

You could always try salt instead of sugar. A scot who works with me swears by it.

You could always try salt instead of sugar. A scot who works with me swears by it.

I'm not supposed to put added salt on my meals though Sniffer. Think it was my grandad that always did that, replaced the sugar with salt. He also plastered all his other meals in salt too. He lived until he was 97. Didn't seem to do him any harm!!

Drs get on my tits sometimes . But that's for another topic one day.

I put a pinch of salt in my porridge whilst cooking (on the hob) then usually some honey & cinnamon on top.

Salt enhances the creaminess/flavour.

I'm not supposed to put added salt on my meals though Sniffer. Think it was my grandad that always did that, replaced the sugar with salt. He also plastered all his other meals in salt too. He lived until he was 97. Didn't seem to do him any harm!!

Drs get on my tits sometimes . But that's for another topic one day.

Stick all that in the Jimmy Saville thread.

There's a lot more people on here that eat porridge than I would have thought. Thought you were all more toast or Cornflakes kind of chaps.

I'm a crumpet man.

Fnarr.

Back