• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Murray a set up and a break up...could make short work of this

Tsonga hasn't got a point on Murray's serve for the last few games - 15 consecutive points for Murray on serve. Last game was just 70 seconds!

2 sets up, quite convincingly

I'd like Murray to win this, but I'd also like Tsonga to come back and take it just to stick it to the Beeb commentator who has already decided what the outcome will be. Twat.

2 sets to 1. One lapse of concentration and it all changes
British pair knockout Bryan and Bryan, the defending doubles champs and are into the final tomorrow. The last time a British pair won the doubles at Wimbledon was 1936...the last time a Brit won the singles. An omen?

Not quite a Brit pair Darlo, Marray's partner is Danish but it's good to have a Brit in any Wimbledon final.

Hopefully Murray can pick his game up again after letting it slip in the third set and settle the match in this set.

A break up in the 4th set...now to hold
Well Slink...you know what i mean

I do Darlo just being a pedantic fucker.

Murray needs to hold onto his serve here.

Should of broken there, 15-40 up. Pressure on now

Tsongo looking like he will take this now, Andy isn't through the ball at all.

Good hold for Murray from 15-40 down...Just needs to break and that should be that. At least Murray isn't doing his best "Tim Henman" impersonation and folding!

This is starting to get seriously intense. Tsonga's just edging it and looking more likely at the mo, I think.

6-5 Murray. He breaks and wins or it's a tie-break roulette

Oooooo... That was close. IN!! HE WINS

Last edited:
Woopwoop!

Loved that moment at the end there, Tsonga leaning on the net having a chuckle.

Last Doubles win for a Brit, 1936.
Last Singles win for a Brit, 1936.
There is a Brit in the final of both... Surely an omen?!

Tsonga is a top top bloke. I've got lots of respect for him.

Back