• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Get in there Andy!!! Fantastic game and i enjoyed that much more than the first semi. Let's hope he can at least win a set in the final and go from there.

Woopwoop!

Loved that moment at the end there, Tsonga leaning on the net having a chuckle.

Tsonga is a really top bloke. Would of been nice to see him in the final but not at the expense of Murray

Dear Andy Murray,

I'm super-chuffed that you have reached the Wimbles final, was out of my chair at that match-point winner, and almost had a lump in my throat when it was called in. But please, please work on your interview technique. Y'know, maybe smile, show a bit of warmth. I have a sneaking suspicion there are sheep with more charisma in the field by my parents' place.

Thanks.

I think that interview was brilliant, he's not the type of bloke to go mad about getting to a final as he knows there is work to be done and he was quite clearly moved at making the final. He's a no bullshit kinda bloke which is refreshing to see and i think the criticism he gets for his demeanor is a bit shitty to be honest.

I think that interview was brilliant, he's not the type of bloke to go mad about getting to a final as he knows there is work to be done and he was quite clearly moved at making the final. He's a no bullshit kinda bloke which is refreshing to see and i think the criticism he gets for his demeanor is a bit shitty to be honest.

I love him really, the above was extreme tongue-in-cheek - some of the questions by the BBC chappy were proper cringey. Absolutely overjoyed that he made it to the Wimbles final and genuinely felt the emotion at the end there - I do remember him breaking down in tears when he lost that first Grand Slam final a few years back, so know there is a big softie in there somewhere too. I love his no-nonsense approach, but at the same time do think an occasional smile couldn't hurt.

deserved winner in Andy Murray, well played! think it could be a very interesting final..he has a chance to beat Federer but it wont be easy of course.

I love him really, the above was extreme tongue-in-cheek - some of the questions by the BBC chappy were proper cringey. Absolutely overjoyed that he made it to the Wimbles final and genuinely felt the emotion at the end there - I do remember him breaking down in tears when he lost that first Grand Slam final a few years back, so know there is a big softie in there somewhere too. I love his no-nonsense approach, but at the same time do think an occasional smile couldn't hurt.

I understand it but he gets a lot of criticism for being a bit moany however he does know how to have fun and has got that side to him, last year at the US Open when it was rained off for a couple of days he was brilliant behind the scenes with the sky team and a few of the Brits who were playing in the doubles. I guess he just doesn't like to show too much emotion most of the time and maybe a smile would help win a few more fans but i'm not sure he's bothered about that. If he wins on Sunday i'm sure we will see both tears and a few smiles.

Marray and Nielsen lead 2 sets to 1 in the men's doubles final.

Marray and Nielsen lead 2 sets to 1 in the men's doubles final.

Tapping each other's hand after every point, especially after cocking up, should be met with a stiff jail sentence.

This looks like it has a while to go...fucking crowd handclapping before every point. Posh, but still cunts.

No - its this slow handclap shite. Does my nut. When they do it for challenges the telly is unsafe from my foot.

And some twat shouts "C'mon Tim", winning the prize for most unfunny joke of the aeon, which is summary execution behind the Royal box.

And some twat shouts "C'mon Tim", winning the prize for most unfunny joke of the aeon, which is summary execution behind the Royal box.

So I take it you don't like it when the yanks shout "in the hole" when Tiger Woods tees off on a par 5 - for the record, that does my frigging head in too.

That should definitely be a firing squad job. Preferably with dum-dum bullets

Back