• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Inspirational performance. Absolutely brilliant.

I really enjoyed that. Never paid any attention to doubles really but the reflexes needed to play that game at the top level are nothing short of staggering

AxOW_zdCIAAs6-Y.jpg

Shame the kids are here and it's work in the morning, otherwise I'd be tempted to play this.

Brilliant, Murray!!

Thought Federer was going to be too strong after the bright start Murray made, but Fed has also made some uncharacteristic errors. Solid from Murray.

Come on, Andy!!

I wish people would shut the fuck up during this tennis. Nobody cares if you love Andy just shut up you cuntbucket.

That shot to win the set by Federer was ridiculous

Some of Federer's shots have been unreal. I can see this game slipping away from Murray now.

This is pretty much over now I think. Federer isn't chucking it away.

Whatever happens Murray can go away with his head held high. Some of the shots Roger has pulled out of the bag have been magical.

Some of the tennis played by both players in the first set was as good as it gets.

Great stuff from Rog.

Murray can go and win Queens or something.

Did the announcer just call him Roger Fereder?!

Whatever happens Murray can go away with his head held high. Some of the shots Roger has pulled out of the bag have been magical.

Some of the tennis played by both players in the first set was as good as it gets.

Yep - he's had a great tournament. But there was no stopping Federer today.

Absolutely gutted for Murray, but he's just not as good as Federer who is a very worthy champion.

Had goosebumps when the crowd were chanting his name for a solid 2 mins going into that last game. Haven't heard anything like that in years of watching tennis.

And I admit it, I totally cried when he did.

Federer really was a class above today, Murray played some of the best tennis I have seen from him, but it was no match for the man who will probably go down in history as the greatest ever player.... some of the lobs and returns were unreal.

Federer was unbelievable in those last two sets. Even Rafa at his very best wouldn't've coped with that.

One of the very best things that Murray did on Sunday, was to take the microphone off Orange Sue, and cut out all the inane dross she fills in with.

That bit where he said, "I'm gonna try this..... but it's not gonna be easy" as he was filling up...

That bit alone probably won him a few hundred thousand fans...

Back