• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

I think it's just as entertaining for the most part as it's very competitive. There are some really dull mens games.

Nah, no chance. The amount of bagels against even top 16 players is embarrassing. Not so much in this specific tournament in this specific year (so far), but across the season it's shocking.

And me.

I was on a plane back from Majorca with my parents when Wade won Wimbledon. I was only tiny but can remember the captain announcing it to cheers.

Jo Durie could play. Also she was a member at my Dad's (and mine) golf club for a few years and she was a pretty shit hot golfer at the time as well. Nice lady too.

My mum let me and my twin sister stay off school to watch the final which used to be on Fridays. I was only 5 though and all I can really remember was that Betty Stove? was quite large for a tennis player and that the plate trophy looked a bit naff. It's not been a high bar for British women since. Wade was already knocking on a bit, Sue Barker always fluffed it at Wimbledon whilst Durie was Ok she wasn't in the same league as the likes of Navratilova and others at the top of the womens game at the time. With the exception of Serena, Konta is the match of anyone.

Murray should be serving for the match here and not just the third set but he had a brain fart after he broke to lead in the second

Big tie-break for Murray and he wins it 7-4 for a 2-1 set lead

Murry broken early in the fourth set and got a major hobble on

Double break and Querrey leads 4-1 in the forth set. Murray looks gone!

and the set is gone, 1-6... onto the decider

From a position that he should have easily won Murray has totally capitulated, losing 6-3; 4-6; 7-6; 1-6; 1-6

Gone in five sets.

He'd normally beat that lumbering oaf in his sleep but couldn't as he could barely move. He was still competing though despite his obvious injury and fair play to him for completing the match.

Djokovic has retired through injury.

Federer's to lose now.

Embarrassingly easy for Muguruza in the first ladies semi today. Through 6-1 6-1

Konta v Williams should be a much closer match

Sensational shanking by Cilic when the pressure was on.

Back