• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Ex-lawyer.

I work in a factory these days!

Anyway, no I don't think anything in general needs to be done. I like the fast points in grass. There is still a HUGE amount of skill in grass court tennis.

Agreed on Kerber - definitely gone backwards. I make Halep the clear favourite for the women's title. The winner of her game with Konta would probably be the winner of the title, although who really knows with a wide open Serena-free draw.
Ok Paddy, everybody is entitled to their own opinion..we have our own views on that which is fine..hopefully Brittain can get another GS murray is stubborn as hell and will be exciting to watch Konta vs Halep..sweden have gone massively backwards in tennis..have a nice evening

Well you had a phenomenal time with Wilander and Edberg. Plus there was my all time favourite Mr Borg. Sweden has produced some tennis Gods.

Aye, thats true, hopefully we can make a comeback

Your point about Isner etc is about as relevant as saying "why let Copenhagen and Club Brugge in the CL when there are teams like Chelsea not in it".

Fortunately when Copenhagen and Brugge are playing each other you can watch Madrid v Dortmund. And they are shit so they don't get through when there are no other games...

Your point about Isner etc is about as relevant as saying "why let Copenhagen and Club Brugge in the CL when there are teams like Chelsea not in it".

Fortunately when Copenhagen and Brugge are playing each other you can watch Madrid v Dortmund. And they are shit so they don't get through when there are no other games...
No it is not, i enjoy watching them much more than Isner and co thank you

Surely the big thing is that a big serve and that alone only keeps you in the game. You do have to break serve to win. And that is why I would back a great returner against a one-dimensional bomber. The returner only needs to get lucky once per set.

My point four fifth time BORING

I hate watching Isner so I don't watch him.... And he doesn't pollute my screen because he gets beat early.

I hate watching Karlovic but I watched because Bedene was playing. I didn't have to, plenty of other games on but I watched because he is British (sort of). Same as I'd watch England v Lithuania and be bored shitless when I could watch a decent game instead.

Big serves get you so far, same as Pulis ball does. But neither of them win anything and they are few and far between.

If you think Muller vs Nadal was dull the you can't possible be pleased. Some of Mullers baseline play and drop shots etc. were exceptional.

I don't think Mūller vs Nadal was dull..watched it myself(long game) if you have missed :) Pulisball don't get you to CL..so there you go

Fck and brugge is not pulisball ;)

Fantastic offensive play from Konta

Konta and Halep have played out 2 great sets of Tennis. 2 breakers, final set decider

Don't know why but I just can't get behind Konta in the same way as Robson or Watson.

She needs to stop giving Halep free points by belting the return behind the baseline.

Back