• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

I'm with Paddy, much prefer Konta to Robson & Watson

Konta breaks in the final set for 3-2 lead

She's not an aesthetically great player. Tough as fuck though. I love that.

Well that point shows why she is so good. Brilliant defence and she just wont go away

Konta through - great performance by both of them

That absolute prick in the crowd screaming mid-point. Get out and never come back.

But a fully deserved, superb win. Halep was my pick to win the whole thing.

Great win and a great match

An outstanding second set tie break and third set. As good a performance as I've ever seen from a a British woman.

To confirm - she will be number four unless she loses the semi final and Venus wins the title when she will be number 5, or she wins the title when she will be number 3.

An outstanding second set tie break and third set. As good a performance as I've ever seen from a a British woman.

And me.

I was on a plane back from Majorca with my parents when Wade won Wimbledon. I was only tiny but can remember the captain announcing it to cheers.

Jo Durie could play. Also she was a member at my Dad's (and mine) golf club for a few years and she was a pretty shit hot golfer at the time as well. Nice lady too.

Fat Coco having a right go at the umpire now. She's on her way out by the look of it.

Is it just me or is the women's game much more entertaining than the men's?

This Vandeweghe v. Rybarikova has a bit of everything.

You did watch Muller v Nadal????

The women's game is much better than it was, and the tournament is benefitting hugely from not being a competition to have the right to get smashed up by Serena.

You did watch Muller v Nadal????

The women's game is much better than it was, and the tournament is benefitting hugely from not being a competition to have the right to get smashed up by Serena.

More entertaining is not always higher quality, IMO.

Women's tennis is largely shit. Kontas match is one of the "entertaining matches" and I still wasn't bothered. Whereas Muller v Nadal I couldn't leave the room.

I think it's just as entertaining for the most part as it's very competitive. There are some really dull mens games.

Back