• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

US Open is an absolute car crash. Into the third round and we're already guaranteed a new finalist.

Del Potro knocked out Federer in 4 sets last night to set up a last 4 meeting with Nadal.

Absolutely love JMDP and so pleased to see him back at the business end of Slams. He's had horrendous luck with injuries since winning here in 2009 and I really hope he goes all the way.

Del Potro knocked out Federer in 4 sets last night to set up a last 4 meeting with Nadal.

Absolutely love JMDP and so pleased to see him back at the business end of Slams. He's had horrendous luck with injuries since winning here in 2009 and I really hope he goes all the way.

Federer and Nadal still never played each other in New York.

It's weird to think that we could finish 2017 with Federer and Nadal holding 2 slams apiece. You would of gotten very big odds on that a couple of years ago.

Another abysmal women's Grand Slam final.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42014694

Not too sure on this. Sky have their faults, but they have been fantastic for Tennis over the last few years. BBC just care about the grass season, ITV picked up the French for god knows why and Eurosport do their thing with Australia, but Sky have been there for all the Masters 1000's and 500's also.

ATP basically dropping Sky completely as a partner seems a bit off but think this is the way a lot of sporting events will go over the next few years. Talk of Premier League rights going top Amazon in a few years time

Think it could be all over for Murray fairly soon. Pulled out of Brisbane as his hip still isn't anything like right. Talk of surgery which would take ages and still might not work. He's been going on about how he's "not expecting much" when he does come back and that he'd be "happy to compete at around 30 in the world".

He's 30 now and got two kids, you wonder if he's got it in him to bother with a massive amount of rehab when he's already won and achieved so much.

Terrible shame of course because until he started struggling physically last year, he was still playing exceptional stuff and looked like he had another potential 2-3 Grand Slams in him depending on how things panned out.

Fed is just a freak, how he's still doing what he does at the age of 36 I don't know. Djokovic is also a doubt for the Australian Open, elbow problems again.

I think DW could be right. Murray has withdrawn from the Australian Open. I am not sure if he can return to anything like his former self. He is the wrong side of thirty, and his best days are behind him.

I suppose he will look toward how Federer and Nadal came back, but even if he didn't he is the best British player since Fred Perry. Quite a legacy.

Rafa has done amazingly in the last year or so because he looked totally finished. He's only come back to a point though, grass is still a no no and he misses a lot of tournaments.

Fed's injuries have been relatively minor (we're talking a 2-3 month layoff tops) compared to what Andy seems to have and like I say, the man is a freak.

Murray has gone for the surgery option. Hoping to be back for Wimbledon.

Probably the only option he had, will be interesting how he looks when he comes back. He's talking positively about how his hip will be better than when he was #1. Personally I think we've seen the last of him challenging at the business end of majors, but hope I'm wrong.

Tremendous win for Kyle Edmund against Kevin Anderson (even if it is a bit clogger vs clogger)

He's into the fourth round now which is a tremendous effort.

Quarter-Finals for Edmund now after beating Seppi and will face either Dimitrov or Krygios (Gregor 2-0 up at the minute)

Outstanding achievement from Edmund to get this far

Even more astounding is him getting a mention on Aussie TV!

Back