• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Kyrgios the brat was apparently very very good today. Could be a tough game for Murray.

Quite a barb from the BBC:

520b6b3f-d8bc-4b6a-a5a3-a5dd0d6074fa.jpg

England and Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier is on Centre Court to experience what it's like to reach a quarter-final

Except this isn't the quarter final.

Murray taking Kyrgios to the cleaners here.

Kyrgios is the ultimate #headsgone player.

His problem is he thinks he's better than he actually is. Looks good against lesser players but gets shown up against the big guns.

This is phenomenal stuff from Murray. Unbelievable variation.

Kyrgios looked good for the first game and a point of this set but now it's back to business as usual for Murray

Why the fuck is Inverdale talking over all the points?

If he stops trying to act like an extra from a 50 Cent video, Kyrgios could be a decent player. Forget the cringe-worthy image you are going for, man, just concentrate. Even after he's grown up a bit, I have my doubts he'll ever really make it. Too weak mentally despite his talent.

Kyrgios could be up there with the best if he had the application, all the natural talent in the world and he just can't be arsed. I suppose he's quite happy making a lot of money by getting through a few rounds of each tournament

Tsonga is 6-1 to beat Murray. Has to be worth a dabble as an insurance policy. He's no mug and if he's on his game it may be close.

Tsonga is 6-1 to beat Murray. Has to be worth a dabble as an insurance policy. He's no mug and if he's on his game it may be close.

Can't see it. He's not a patch on Andy in any part of the game.

You'd need a serious drop in form from Andy to get any returns on that. He's playing unreal tennis at the moment.

6-1 are very handy odds in a two horse race but Tsonga rarely causes Murray serious problems.

Can't see it. He's not a patch on Andy in any part of the game.

You'd need a serious drop in form from Andy to get any returns on that. He's playing unreal tennis at the moment.

6-1 are very handy odds in a two horse race but Tsonga rarely causes Murray serious problems.

I think that Murray will win and I hope that he does. The dabble was for insurance purposes. Murray wins and I'm happy enough, if he loses I'll pick up a few bob as compensation. I tend to place these bets if there is a bit of value in an event that I don't want to happen. A Conservative majority, Brexit, England losing a test to Pakistan last year are some recent payouts of compensation however I'm still wandering why a didn't back Iceland at about 3-1 to go through (not to win in ninety minutes) against England.

Monster hitting from Cilic so far.

Can Federer get back into the match? Two sets down.

The Raobot through.

Fed into a decider.

Back