• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

BTW - I love hearing Andrew "really spectacularly less than average" Castle commentate on Murray. As if he could even tie Murray's shoelaces. Fuck off back to dodgy legal cover adverts you cunt.

Murray needs a psychological coach and a really good one, the match was pretty much over when he had a break point in the first game of the second set and didn't take it. His body language from that point told the whole story.

He's always moaning and gesticulating towards his box too.

To save a lot of time at Wimbledon, why don't the organisers just give Djokovic and Murray a bye into the final...

I think you are being very unfair and frankly talking bollocks

I'm not, as good as Djokovic is he's not played especially great today and was pretty much handed the 2nd and 3rd sets with Murray going defensive and his body language changed from that game. He was positive and then went very negative, he's a great tennis player but against Djokovic you can't afford to be negative and give him anything to jump on and he does that against him a lot of the time.

He didn't go negative. The better player on the day forced him negative.

Disagree with that, yes Djokovic put him on the back foot but Murray is far too quick to retreat and then go really negative. It's just been mentioned on commentary that Murray had a lack of energy in the 2nd and 3rd sets and i agree with that. He's a world class tennis player and it's a great achievement to do what he has but he still has room to improve and i think his mentality is what needs to change because technically he is as good as anyone.

Marion Bartoli saying exactly what i have just said that Murray wasn't as aggressive after the first set and had a 10-15 minute let down which Djokovic jumped on.

Konta out of the Nottingham Open at the second round sage.

Meanwhile, Watson, Robson and Broady were knocked out at the first round stage.

British number 4 made it to the second round. Moore is her name. Up next apparently.

Nadal out of Wimbledon with injury.

Nadal out of Wimbledon with injury.

He was never going to rush back after having to pull out of RG. He's only won four matches in the last four years at Wimbledon, wouldn't have been particularly likely to get into the second week this time. While you wouldn't definitively rule him out of winning another Slam before he finishes I think we can say with more or less absolute certainty that he's never winning Wimbledon again.

Djokovic and Murray ease through their first found games. Probably only Federer can prevent another final between them.

Looked at the start that Mannarino might give Djokovic a stern test, but Djokovic just went up a gear.

2 sets up though Mannarino trying hard in the third - unlikely that he will win though - Djokovic still seems to be playing within himself

Willis getting a lesson off Federer (though given the respective world rankings that's not surprising) - though its like a circus out there.

The cheer when he won his first game almost took the centre court roof off

Back