• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Just saw this interesting stat on the Beeb :

The last time a number one seed played a number two seed in the final of a Grand Slam that neither man had won before was Roland Garros in 1984.

N° 2 seed Ivan Lendl beat John McEnroe that day.

Good stuff from Murray. I always thought it odd that he had struggled on clay; with his ability to chase down almost anything from the back court, as well as to mix in some short stuff, it should suit it.
He becomes one of only 10 men to have reached a final of each Slam event in the Open era.

Names please :D

Good stuff from Murray. I always thought it odd that he had struggled on clay; with his ability to chase down almost anything from the back court, as well as to mix in some short stuff, it should suit it.
He becomes one of only 10 men to have reached a final of each Slam event in the Open era.

Names please :D

I can only find five myself...

Murray
Djokovic
Nadal
Federer
Agassi

Murray's next service game is the key one. This Nole service game is a free swing for the set.

A set apiece in no time at all. How Murray responds in the next few minutes is going to be key to this whole match.

Looks like this is going to be over in four. Murray must just curse the fact Djokovic is the same age.

The last forty minutes have been brutal. First set Murray was unplayable. Since then Novak has raised his tennis to an incredible level that I don't think any player alive could cope with.

Back