• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

3 break points in the first game for Murray!

Taken on the 3rd attempt! Murray a break up in the 4th. Fantastic reaction after losing the last set on his serve.

Murray immediately breaks...

On a family note, my grandniece is doing a fantastic job... Ball girl in the Woman's semi final and also in this game...shame she's to the left side as the camera looks and is rarely shown at the moment

Another Murray break and he's serving for a place in the final.

That should be that frankly. Wawrinka has played bloody well but Murray is just stronger.

All done...a mostly clinical match by Murray

Stan's a weird player. So on and off. Great work Murray, on to Sunday. He always at least gives Nole a good game.

He was excellent today - Wawrinka will be a bit disappointed with his performance as he made too many unenforced errors. Murray was a class above yet still wasn't at his very best, despite looking so strong in the 2nd and 4th sets. His levels dropped a bit in the 3rd.

Bit of a flat atmosphere wasn't it?

It's cold. The French have no-one to cheer. Their houses are flooded. I like it this way in terms of atmosphere as most of the chants at RG grate in a way few things this side of a Chesney Hawkes 24 hour charity gig could.

Good stuff from Murray. I always thought it odd that he had struggled on clay; with his ability to chase down almost anything from the back court, as well as to mix in some short stuff, it should suit it.
He becomes one of only 10 men to have reached a final of each Slam event in the Open era.

Nearly time for Murray v Djokovic. I think it could be an absolute classic.

I'm hoping I'm able to watch it but I think I'll be running around in the sweltering sunshine with 2 hyperactive kids instead.

I so hope Murray can do it.

Back