• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Murray breaks in the second set to lead 6-5 and will now serve for a two set lead

Murray holds to love and leads 2-0

Murray has had break points in three of Pospisils four service games and just can't put him away

Having warned Pospisil in an earlier service game, the umpire has penalised Pospisil a first service for slow play. Murray FINALLY cashes in on all the break points he has earned and now leads 5-4 in the third and serves for the match

After some sloppy play and a few deuces Murray finally holds to reach the Semi Final

After some sloppy play and a few deuces Murray finally holds to reach the Semi Final

Hopefully gives Federer a challenge. The guy must be bored shitless after the last few games he has played.

Murray owes him one after that disaster at the O2 last year. Tough one to call but I would back Murray at the moment.

Chapeau Monsieur Gasquet. Played superbly.

Gasquet has been great in this tournament.

Would back Murray to beat Federer for definite!

I'm surprised the BBC don't offer the earpieces for the commentary like they do in the snooker. Only for Centre and Court 1 though.

Muguruza looks like she's going to beat Radwanska. Currently 5-2 up in the final set.

Bizarre. Muguruza serving, 5-3 up, Deuce. Radwanska's box calls out mid point for her to challenge a slightly long looking ball, and she does just as Muguruza hits the ball easily long to lose the point. The review shows it just caught the line and Radwanska loses the point. If the call hadn't come out she'd have won the point. Radwanska not happy! Muguruza then serves and volleys to win the match on the next point.

Up next is the screecher sisters.

Pretty pathetic display from Sharapova so far. She may as well not even bother turning up against Serena, beaten before the warm up.

I was thinking it during the Sharapova match. If the umpires started giving out violations for screeching they'd soon stop it.

It really is one of my pet hates in tennis. That and fist pumping after winning a single point (FFS) and towelling off after every point (slows the game down).

Now the doubles are at it. Bumping fists after every single point even if they lose it. FFS it's embarrassing you idiots.

Now the doubles are at it. Bumping fists after every single point even if they lose it. FFS it's embarrassing you idiots.

Doesn't bother me at all TBH. Not that I understand why they do it!

It's the doing it even when they lose the point that annoys me.

Why does it annoy you, out of interest?

T'other Murray about to reach the final.

Back