• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Fed's serve has held up so well. He can't move like he did in 2005 but he still serves exactly the same.

It's even better.

The way he's tinkered his game throughout his career and still remained right up the top is remarkable.

He's a phenomenal sportsmen. One of the true greats.

And he takes it.

Incredible so far from Federer. The standard he's able to maintain is unreal. Even though I want Murray to win, it's a pleasure to see Federer on this sort of form.

Federer could run through this 3rd set now. Murray has to make sure he doesn't let his head drop (easier said than done) or this could be 6-1 / 6-2 easily

Incredible so far from Federer. The standard he's able to maintain is unreal. Even though I want Murray to win, it's a pleasure to see Federer on this sort of form.

Absolutely. He's the best player that has ever lived. That in his early 30s he's motivated enough to STILL try to be the best in the world is incredible.

The BBC keep showing people I'm guessing are famous in the crowd but I have no idea who they are.

How does Federer come out with some of these winners? Some of them defy physics.

Magnificent performance.

Now lets make it 8!

Yeah, I hope he goes on to win it. Djokovic will have to be at his best if Federer matches that performance. Brilliant.

He's been broken once in 150 or so service games. Andy didn't get a sniff and he's on a par with Novak as the best returner in the game.

It's the biggest problem with the women's game, far too many capitulations in the later stages of a tournament. You expect a few easy wins in the first few rounds but players shouldn't be getting battered off the court in the semis and final. Murray got comprehensively done over yesterday but it was a proper match right to the end, all too often we don't get this in the women's game. It's not just up against Serena either, look at Lisicki in the final against Bartoli a couple of years ago.

So many supposedly top level players are too flaky, look at Wozniacki's Grand Slam record. And we all know about Sharapova, how can you go ELEVEN YEARS without beating your main rival in a head to head sport?

Fair play to her. Tremendous in the last fifteen minutes.

Fed has picked up where he left off on Friday. Immaculate stuff.

Novak is the best in the business though at fighting back. This could be right up there with the best finals.

Remarkable turnaround since Federer's set point. Not in the game at the moment.

Back