• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Murray has this in the bag now. Difficult test but he is getting through it.

Job done.

Great win for Johanna Konta too - knocked out 9th seed Garbine Muguruza.

Rafa is out after having lost a 5-setter from 2-0 up for the first time in his career. First time in 10 years he hasn't won a slam in the year.

Quite sad seeing Rafa struggling so much yet Roger appeared finished a couple of years ago, hired Edberg and changed his game slightly and he is still challenging/winning at the top of the game still now. Rafa will never get rid of Uncle Toni but maybe adding someone to the team like Murray/Fed/Djok all have could help

Great win for Johanna Konta too - knocked out 9th seed Garbine Muguruza.

Through to the last 16 now - beat Andrea Petkovic today and that's 16 wins in a row on tour. Petra Kvitova in the last 16 on Monday.

She is on fantastic form. Could give Kvitova a decent game but even if she loses Monday this is magnificent stuff.

Put £7 on Murray to win after he went a break down in the third. Hope he can turn this around!

Anderson very shaky at the moment

No Grand Slam for Serena. Roberta Vinci beats her in the semi-final.

Andy Murray in action in the Davis Cup Semi Final against the Aussies. As usual we will need him to win both of his singles rubbers and hope that the doubles pairing can win in order to book a place in the final.

Murray is a break up in the first set against Kokkinakis.

I think Leon Smith has done well in picking Dan Evans. James Ward just isn't in good enough form (nine straight defeats since Wimbledon I think) and you can't take a risk on Kyle Edmund's fitness if he's hardly trained. Evans is the most talented of the three by a long distance anyway, he just needs a kick up the arse.

From a pure tennis standpoint, really disappointing lack of fight from Kokkinakis. Anyone can lose to Murray but at least have a go. As a GB fan I'm not complaining.

From a pure tennis standpoint, really disappointing lack of fight from Kokkinakis. Anyone can lose to Murray but at least have a go. As a GB fan I'm not complaining.

Murray a break up in the third.

Does a quick victory mean that he will line up with his brother for the doubles?

Not sure, Inglot has been playing well lately. Won an ATP event in America last month.

Tomic seems to be coasting toward levelling the tie. Doubles is going to be the key.

Well in Evans. Deserved that set.

Put in a great effort, justified his pick. Tomic fell over the line a bit, much like his dickhead mate Kyrgios he has the talent but not the application most of the time.

Back