• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Oh dear - Anderson throws away 2 points and Djokovic has 2 break points.

Anderson double faults twice in a row to go 15-40 down at 5-5.

And he only needs one. Serving for the match - not the time to make basic errors.

Fantastic return from a serve that wide there. Takes the break and that should be that.

Djokovic through. Probably needed a test and some miles in his legs. Had it too easy in week 1, this will set him up well for the last few days, unfortunately for Murray

Lucky boy. Like I said yesterday though - killer instinct is what defines great players and Kev does not have it.

Quarter finals:

Djokovic vs Cilic
Wawrinka vs Gasquet
Pospisil vs Murray
Simon vs Federer

Should be the top four seeds through to the semis, doesn't happen very often.

Wawrinka vs Gasquet will be a glorious display of backhand. Both are on fire.

Just turned over to see the Sharapova game and I just cannot stand the noise. How the fuck is she allowed to scream like that every time she hits the ball? It's worse than the Hawkeye slow clapping!!

Thank god that's over. I'm perplexed why there isn't a rule stopping players making that sort of racket (pun intended). It's hardly a natural release of tension.

Tennis umpires are so weak. It's within their remit to tell her to shut up, or to tell Djokovic to get on with it when he's playacting. They just don't though.

That MUST be as distracting as some random mouth breather shouting 'Come on, Tim!' right before a serve. I can't see how it can be anything other than gamesmanship designed to put off the opponent.

It is gamesmanship, plain and simple.

Now Azarenka and Williams are both at it (phnar). It sounds like one is sneezing and the other is coughing.

Azarenka is profoundly more irritating than even Sharapova. Does my fucking nut in.

She reminds me of the annoying people you get at firework displays.

Back