• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Blame Nick Bolletieri. Half of these players fuck off to his school in Florida and get taught to make this racket.

Inverdale is a horrific commentator. Like Partridge without the comedy.

I want Serena Williams to win this. I don't think I've ever typed that sentence before.

Normally she irritates me. But Azarenka creates an infinitely more profound level of irritation. Almost as much as Inverdale.

Azarenka + Williams + Inverdale + Hawkeye slow clapping.

The reason the mute button was invented.

Azarenka does my nut.

Not because of the noise, but because this result was so obvious before play even started. She does it every time she's up against Serena. Starts well and bottles it. Serial choker.

Serena v Sharapova semi-final then, which Sharapova turns up? The one that on her day can win more slams, or the one that gets caught in Serena's headlights seemingly everytime they meet

I was thinking it during the Sharapova match. If the umpires started giving out violations for screeching they'd soon stop it.

It really is one of my pet hates in tennis. That and fist pumping after winning a single point (FFS) and towelling off after every point (slows the game down).

They have been talking about violations since Seles first came on the scene with her racket. It will never happen because the authorities have no balls at all.

And now over the other match (which BBC couldn't show live as pensioners have never heard of News 24). McEnroe. Commentary bliss. And then Castle pipes up....

Serena v Sharapova semi-final then, which Sharapova turns up? The one that on her day can win more slams, or the one that gets caught in Serena's headlights seemingly everytime they meet

Sharapova hasn't beaten Serena since about 2004. It'll be a walkover.

Someone who is well into his tennis said that they scream because it helps them time the ball. Load of bollocks.

When sharapova stretches for a ball and then does a massive scream that continues way after the ball gone. Shouldn't be allowed

It doesn't help them time it at all. Bolletieri said years ago he tells them to do it to put the opponent off.

She also complained between games in the match that Sharapova was moving to put her off during her serve. I didn't see her moving though.

I went to Wimbledon today, wondered round the smaller courts for a few hours. Was watching Liu v Levashova in the girls singles. Leveshova was ridiculously loud against against Liu, who was also carrying an injury. It was terrible that she was just being allowed to continue with it. She also spent the whole match complaining about judges decisions. Thankfully, Liu won the match and Levashova went off in a huff!

Back