• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Guess they are trying to target the younger audience...

Nah - they'd put some shit Radio One DJ or a BBC 3 presenter on if that was the case.

The beeb obviously think that all anybody does all day at work is skive/ chat on social media or be watching the live action.

It's really lazy stuff whenever any media outlet use Tweets etc in their coverage, I don't give a rat's arse what some anonymous plank thinks. The only time it works is in a direct Q&A like G-Nev and Carra do at the end of MNF.

It's really lazy stuff whenever any media outlet use Tweets etc in their coverage, I don't give a rat's arse what some anonymous plank thinks. The only time it works is in a direct Q&A like G-Nev and Carra do at the end of MNF.

Precisely - but now, the vast majority of these shows do it. It's the 'in thing'. And a waste of airtime.

Incredibly annoying as well how they keep moving games in mid-flow from channel to channel. If it started on BBC Two then fucking well leave it there.

Incredibly annoying as well how they keep moving games in mid-flow from channel to channel. If it started on BBC Two then fucking well leave it there.

For the last two afternoons on my way home they've had the same radio commentary on both FiveLive and FiveLive Sports Xtra.

Watson up next against Hantuchova on Court One.

Whatever happened to Hantuchova? Wasn't she supposed to be the next big prospect at one point?

Hantuchova was pretty highly rated - used to be in the top ten. However, she is past her best at 32.

20 minute set for Murray against Robin Haase.

6-1 again to Murray in the second set. This is as easy as you'll ever see in a Grand Slam (in men's tennis anyway, not like the women who get bagelled all the time).

And again today - moved the Murray match between channels. I mean what is the fucking point of doing that?

And again today - moved the Murray match between channels. I mean what is the fucking point of doing that?

They're awful for it, it's like BBC One has to have primacy and always have the best match on but it's totally counter-intuitive.

1) In this day and age it doesn't make any difference what channel it's on. Everyone has access to the same set of basic channels.

2) It doesn't stop them still sticking the news on BBC One at 1 and 6, meaning that we have to have this nonsensical shuffle around, when everyone in the country has BBC News 24 now and it's the exact same programme.

2) It doesn't stop them still sticking the news on BBC One at 1 and 6, meaning that we have to have this nonsensical shuffle around, when everyone in the country has BBC News 24 now and it's the exact same programme.

I wish my parents would realise this. But no - the news MUST go on at 1pm and 6pm. Without fail. Drives me up the bloody wall. (Though in fairness to them, they'll forego the news during Wimbledon as they both love it).

The thing is, even if you HAD to have the news on at that time as a non-negotiable point - it is literally a simulcast at that time. What is being shown on BBC One is exactly, word for word, the same as is being shown on News 24. You don't need to bump stuff off BBC One to make room for the news, it already has its own room.

The news on TV is an outdated concept anyway. I can't remember the last time I watched the news and nowadays it's all politics and terrorism anyway.

If I want to know what's going on in the world I go on the BBC website and choose which stories interest me. I don't want to watch a running order of crap I can't stand hearing about.

Back