• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

The thing is, even if you HAD to have the news on at that time as a non-negotiable point - it is literally a simulcast at that time. What is being shown on BBC One is exactly, word for word, the same as is being shown on News 24. You don't need to bump stuff off BBC One to make room for the news, it already has its own room.

Ask yourself these questions?

Does your average pensioner know which channel number BBC News 24 is on?
Can the staff who handle the post for Points of View cope with the surge in letters should the News be moved from BBC1?
Will sports lovers who can handle red buttons and three digit channel numbers complain as much as the blue rinse Daily Mail brigade?

Is Amelie Mauresmo pregnant, or has she just been on the pies?

6-1, 6-1, 6-4 for Murray. Almost like an extended warm up for him.

I do have Sky News on in the background quite a lot when I'm working, SSN is too distracting.

The thing is, even if you HAD to have the news on at that time as a non-negotiable point - it is literally a simulcast at that time. What is being shown on BBC One is exactly, word for word, the same as is being shown on News 24. You don't need to bump stuff off BBC One to make room for the news, it already has its own room.

My folks simply haven't got their head around different channels showing the same thing. It's their routine, and it isn't ever going to change now!

The news on TV is an outdated concept anyway. I can't remember the last time I watched the news and nowadays it's all politics and terrorism anyway.

If I want to know what's going on in the world I go on the BBC website and choose which stories interest me. I don't want to watch a running order of crap I can't stand hearing about.

Same here - I always go on the website and haven't voluntarily watched the news on telly for years.

This Nadal game is brilliant. Dustin Brown is just going for every bonkers shot and so many of them are coming off.

His nonchalance will be the beating of himself in the end though. Play the shots but also play with control when required.

Last edited:
Game and first set to Brown!!

Another four sets of this please. It has been superb.

He's going to throw it away. Use your head and let it bounce!!

Nadal gets an early break in the second. Hopefully that is the start of things getting even better in this match.

BBC - you utter fucking CUNTS. Nadal match moved to BBC 2 to accommodate the news. Tsonga match shifted to allow this. WITH Tsonga serving for the match. Utterly pathetic.

Great throwback to see someone playing authentic serve and volley on grass but he needs to mix it up a bit. It's too obvious what he's going to do.

Brown breaks in the 3rd.

Ridiculous attempt at a return on break point which he nearly threw away - he's really entertaining but I agree with Punts about his showboating.

Totally. He is just bonkers though. 40-0 up and still playing nonsense, and very lucky to hold.

Back