• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

He's from Colchester originally, apparently he wants to move closer to home as well.

I think Ipswich have been smart in this window, at the very least they've secured themselves as a top half Championship team for the next 3/4 years after this season.

On the law of averages I'd say that 40% of the players that most clubs buy don't work out as planned , for a whole variety of reasons , but if you didn't pay much for them in the first place , and they're on relatively low wages , then it might be deemed a risk that was worth taking if they had a decent reputation when they were signed .
At 9 million I would say that Szmodics is worth the risk . If he scores no more than 10 goals for Ipswich they could look back and say it was a winner if they stay up .
He got 33 goals last season in 48 matches , has played twice for Blackburn this season thus far and scored 3 times .

I'd classify it as a risk worth taking for most clubs in the lower half of the Premier League .

Szmodics is 5 foot 6, you couldn't really get a more different striker to Strand Larsen, there were a lot of times last season where the lack of a proper number 9 meant the ball kept coming back at us, I don't think with Szmodics' frame and style of play, he'd really help in that regard.

I don't watch much Championship football but isn't Szmodics more of an inside forward/winger anyway?

Yep, bit of a Hwang type player. I’ve seen him a few times as i have a Blackburn supporting friend. He’s good.

Hang has proven that if you can find good positions in the box and can finish you can score goals in the PL. Nobody is going to score loads for Ipswich but I think he could prove to be a decent signing for them.

Hwang is a poacher, he almost can't do anything else and he can't play in this daft 10 role he's played in pre-season.

He should be the competition for JSL, but is a very different type of striker the same way Alvarez is different to Haaland.

GVF7cgIW0AEltq1

It's just bollocks isn't it?

We get constantly told how prepared our scouting department is and how many targets they already have on their depth charts. And then they still peddle that twaddle in press conferences.

You either are or aren't prepared. It's not Schroedinger's transfer market.

They have "dotted vowels" which don't exist in English. The ü, for example, sounds like the u in uber.

But they're currently killing millions of streets animals in Turkey, so f**k 'em.
1) This feels like a misrepresentation of that policy
2) Regardless of (1), that’s on the Turkish government, not the Turkish people

Back