• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Hence the inverted commas :D

joey-tribbiani.gif

Sunderland did it to us with Kenny Miller too. Just kept putting in the same bid over and over. He didn't go.

Higher level but Arsenal with Declan Rice.

West Ham named their price then they proceeded to bid £30m below that and slowly work up to the exact figure the Hammers said.

Obvs needed Pep to put in a bid as well to force Arsenal to pay that price...

It's bollocks anyway. We might not be actively looking to move him like we were Neto, but if they lay down £50m, it'll be more than entertained, he'll be gone. LL contradicting himself with his previous everybody has their price comments.

It's bollocks anyway. We might not be actively looking to move him like we were Neto, but if they lay down £50m, it'll be more than entertained, he'll be gone. LL contradicting himself with his previous everybody has their price comments.

Or a planted lie so they can spin keeping hold of him as a victory

Wolves remain in the market for a defender and a winger as replacements for Kilman and Neto, but O'Neil sounded a note of caution over their ability to pay big fees.

"I hope the other clubs aren't treating us as super rich and charging what they want because it's not what we are," he said.

"We are working really hard on doing something which we think will help us. The budget doesn't seem too different to last season. The club is still not in a place where it's able to go and free spend on things.

"Would I love to say that centre-forward over there looks fantastic, he's £55m and let's get him in? Of course, but what we're doing is something very different and we're trying our best to maximise it.

"It makes the reward at the end when you are successful much sweeter, when you have to work this hard for stuff."

Fabio has been spotted at Birmingham airport this morning. Could be off on another holiday, but hopefully it’s because we’re finally selling him.

I know we’ve had this discussion before, but in my eyes, he’ll go down as our worst signing ever.
He will. They were told he was a generational talent and Fosun hoped to see that development, get some good years out of him, then flip him for a big profit. Didn't work, and he's essentially worthless. But we wouldn't do that now, we're shopping in the bargain basement that will eventually see us relegated.

They know we can do maths though right? £90m in from two players and we spent what like 40 odd on 3 players (ignoring the fact that it’s not even a straight in vs out for PSR reasons).

Wolves remain in the market for a defender and a winger as replacements for Kilman and Neto, but O'Neil sounded a note of caution over their ability to pay big fees.

"I hope the other clubs aren't treating us as super rich and charging what they want because it's not what we are," he said.

"We are working really hard on doing something which we think will help us. The budget doesn't seem too different to last season. The club is still not in a place where it's able to go and free spend on things.

"Would I love to say that centre-forward over there looks fantastic, he's £55m and let's get him in? Of course, but what we're doing is something very different and we're trying our best to maximise it.

"It makes the reward at the end when you are successful much sweeter, when you have to work this hard for stuff."
They think we are so thick

They know we can do maths though right? £90m in from two players and we spent what like 40 odd on 3 players (ignoring the fact that it’s not even a straight in vs out for PSR reasons).

We haven't even spent that as Strand Larsen is a loan so the money for him will be in next years. We've got loads we could spend, it's definitely a choice from them not to not an inability

Back