• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Braced for full on Moxey mode for the next 2 weeks.

Very hard to get deals done this late in the window.

Got our most important business done early which took the pressure off.

Gary has been really impressed with the attitudes of Guedes/Podence/Chiquinho and sees them as being able to make important contributions.

Only worth signing players that can improve the team.

Already replaced Neto with Rodrigo Gomes.

Mosquera is like a new signing.

1) This feels like a misrepresentation of that policy
2) Regardless of (1), that’s on the Turkish government, not the Turkish people
The policy is to cull millions of animals. Awful stories coming out of the cruel methods being employed. But sure, a "misrepresentation".

But it's a football forum not an animal rights forum. New season upon us! Are we happy with the business done to prepare us for it?

Solanke sold and replaced in the same week
Douglas Luiz sold and replaced in the same week
Olise sold and replaced in three weeks and for pre season
Kilman sold on the 6th of July, still not replaced.

The problem with leading your managers down the garden path is it leaves them on the record saying replacements are needed, so when they aren't or are a last minute budget buy, the 'we're happy with what we've done' line comes across as the bullshit it is. GON said something as recently as Saturday like he expects this to be a busy week, 6 days later tumbleweed.

Kilman looked like he was going from about mid June, just about West Ham inching their way to the price. To have not brought a player in in a position that's both pivotal and also full of options - every side in the world plays at least 2, it's hardly a niche requirement, over that period of time says that our scouting is either shite or the parameters, if they exist at all, are unrealistic.

Same old, same old.

Last edited:
One left back in the entire squad
Absolutely zero competition for the #1 keeper
Doherty about to start at RB in a back four in the Premier League in 2024, when I wouldn't have wanted him there in 2013 in League One
Planning to play a centre half pairing but 2 of the 4 CHs in the squad seem ill-equipped for that task
Lost Neto and everything he offered
One striker in the entire squad, which is better than 0 strikers, but still, it's not great
That awful prick Guedes somehow worming his way back in to contention
Running a huge transfer surplus (again) and doing nothing with it to date
Continuing to charge fans more and more for ever diminishing returns

So no, we're a way off where we need to be.

How many times have we properly done succession planning under Fosun? Off the top of my head can only think of us having midfielders ready for when we lost Neves and Moutinho, and we signed Sa quite quickly after selling Patricio.

Selling players and not replacing in adequate time is the norm under Fosun. We've always been a striker light, probaby for the last seven seasons.

One left back in the entire squad
Absolutely zero competition for the #1 keeper
Doherty about to start at RB in a back four in the Premier League in 2024, when I wouldn't have wanted him there in 2013 in League One
Planning to play a centre half pairing but 2 of the 4 CHs in the squad seem ill-equipped for that task
Lost Neto and everything he offered
One striker in the entire squad, which is better than 0 strikers, but still, it's not great
That awful prick Guedes somehow worming his way back in to contention
Running a huge transfer surplus (again) and doing nothing with it to date
Continuing to charge fans more and more for ever diminishing returns

So no, we're a way off where we need to be.
This is the bit that's bothering me the most.

It's the constant lies spouted that is just insulting and shows how shitty the owners really are.

These cunts need to go.

FWIW I think we’ll sign a couple of bellegarde types right at then end of the window after our expectations have been managed down and down. And plenty of cunts will come out and say how great the club have been.

Last edited:
The CB situation is the most worrying tbh. We've needed one for weeks and surely the club has identified more than one target. I can't believe we're going to fanny around waiting for the number one guy then have to move on to a back up like Elvedi right in the last days (again) if it falls through.

Preferably a Van Der Ven type and not a Ben Davies clogger.

It's the constant lies spouted that is just insulting and shows how shitty the owners really are.
And are now employing new people to do so. Hobbs' comments about the left back position are an insult to the intelligence of anyone who looks with an objective eye. Even if I accept the premise that Toti and Doherty can play there, you shouldn't have to change your entire tactical gameplan (or as generously described on here, build up in a different way) because of a fucking injured left back. A downgrade is realistic, nothing remotely similar, negligence.

There's a rumour out there that we've outbid Tottenham for an 18 year old centre half (Bestien Meupiyou)

also....

Fenerbahce have knocked back a bid from Wolves for 21-year-old Egyptian centre-back Omar Fayed with regards to a move in the ongoing transfer window.

Ipswich showing what a competent and coherent club can achieve. Will they stay up? Maybe not, but they've come a long way in a little time thanks to finding/keeping a good manager and having owners with ambition. The heady days of Wolves bringing in decent talent - some on the way up, some of the way down - all seem a long time ago. Not that Fosun would ever admit it.

Yep, followed by Alan saying it's all fine 😉
I don’t know about “all”! 😂

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to bring in another CB. But even if we hold pat on that position I think we’ve already improved over last season (obviously time/performances will tell).

and follow up from LL when asked if is the Kilman replacement

1723821727712.png

So, sounds more like the Dawson replacement for 2025/26

Love how clubs do this (not just Wolves)

How much you want?
£10m please
Give you £3m
No,
Ok, sorry....£4m?
Fuck off
That was our "pursuit" of Botman. Who were we trying to kid there.

And of course Hoddle and bloody Idiakez, all summer.

"Hi, we'd like to sign Idiakez off you, how much?"

"Sorry, he's not for sale"

"Ok, we'll give you £1.5m"

"No"

"£1.5m"

"No"

"£1.5m"

"No"

That was our "pursuit" of Botman. Who were we trying to kid there.

And of course Hoddle and bloody Idiakez, all summer.

"Hi, we'd like to sign Idiakez off you, how much?"

"Sorry, he's not for sale"

"Ok, we'll give you £1.5m"

"No"

"£1.5m"

"No"

"£1.5m"

"No"
Don't be gaslit into thinking we ever wanted to sign Botman

Back