• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I honestly don't think they care too much. They'll just run the club in a way that doesn't cost anything from a fosun perspective, regardless of what that means for the footballing aspect.

If we do get relegated I think we'll start to see fosun actively taking money out the club (rather than Tory style favours to mates like they have done)
But if that’s their thinking surely selling as a going concern as a PL club, even at a bargain price, makes more sense? Biggest problem they’ve got is that in the time since they bought us the competition to get in top half, let alone top six, has increased significantly so the list of potential buyers has shrunk as they’ll need even deeper pockets to compete.

Just seems like folks think we’ve done nothing… we categorically haven’t.

This isn’t an argument against the wider feelings against Shi/Fosun, to be absolutely clear.

But if that’s their thinking surely selling as a going concern as a PL club, even at a bargain price, makes more sense? Biggest problem they’ve got is that in the time since they bought us the competition to get in top half, let alone top six, has increased significantly so the list of potential buyers has shrunk as they’ll need even deeper pockets to compete.
I think you've answered your own question, who wants to buy us?

They lied 12 months ago, and on here we all did the maths to show it was bullshit. And now they are repeating the lie with another £90m in the bank in transfers.

They can fuck off.

Absolutely. Would no doubt only be a loan for us, but a player that would massively improve the squad

Let us have gomez and they can have first dibs on RAN in the summer in return

Absolutely. Would no doubt only be a loan for us, but a player that would massively improve the squad
Surely he could be had permanently? Unless you mean we won’t want to pay for that, in which case… fair?

Liverpool aren't going to want to loan him out it makes no sense.

So Wissa not an option if we are moving forward there?

Well, an Ajax player not being signed by Ten Haag at United does at least have novelty value

I wondered why I'd never heard of him given his background. Wiki tells me he was Carlos Borges and now it makes sense

Of course we won't pay for a permanent transfer for him. Way too rich for our current policy
Do we know what Liverpool value him at? No snark, I genuinely haven’t a clue.

Back