• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

If they want a mandatory buy clause for next season then he'll be off the books by then PSR wise. He'll still cost us £7m this year whatever so if we really want him gone, we'd be better selling him for £1m now and getting rid
Suspect that is what the club are thinking but if they can scam someone into loaning him for a season with an obligation to buy for any kind of cash, so much the better.

The time to do that was last year. He'd done sort of ok at Anderlecht and PSV. Remember all the idiot Twitter kids rubbing themselves raw about how much better he was now and he'd have an impact for us.

We kept him, he was beyond atrocious for us and then scored 2 league goals for Rangers. End of adventure.

End of adventure.
0_Fabio-Silva.jpg

I've said it for a while - our best hope is to literally give him away with a clause that we get 50% of any future sale (lolz). Then someone might take a punt. Free innit. Stupid people will take anything for free, we once left a broken freezer outside our house in Moss Side and it had gone inside an hour.

August 30th 2024: Matt Hobbs seen dropping Fabio Silva off in Heath Town with a Free to Good Home sign stapled to his chest.

August 31st 2024: Update. Fabio still there, sign has been stolen though

So, 3 days before the season starts and we haven't replaced Max "we could replace him easily" Kilman.

This is really disappointing in my opinion, as a dominating CB would really firm us up and the quicker you get one in, the better obviously.

The argument would be that we have replaced him in Mosquera. We had four first team CHs last season and we have four first team CHs now, and even the staunchest Kilman fan would admit that stylistically, Mosquera looks a miles better fit for a back four. Which of course isn't hard as the Big Pear can't play in a back four at all.

I wouldn't agree with that argument, particularly as Mosquera's potential partners aren't of the ability (or age) they need to be.

Aside from that we've weakened the depth at left back, so we're significantly weaker defensively than we were 2 months ago. This isn't cool, but I guess we have 40mill in the bank, so yay.

Go Bank Balance FC! 💰

I cannot think of a single circumstance where I would want to play four at the back and also play Max Kilman. Him going isn't a problem, us doing nothing in the market is, and the argument at LB is a totally separate one (I have no idea why we have left ourselves with literally one proper option two days before the season starts, it's nonsense).

I cannot think of a single circumstance where I would want to play four at the back and also play Max Kilman. Him going isn't a problem, us doing nothing in the market is, and the argument at LB is a totally separate one (I have no idea why we have left ourselves with literally one proper option two days before the season starts, it's nonsense).
Doing a Nuno.

We seemed to have 3 fullbacks under him and then rely on crazy options, especially at RWB

Seems to be

RAN - LB/LWB
Toti, Semedo, D🤮herty as his cover

Doing a Nuno.

We seemed to have 3 fullbacks under him and then rely on crazy options, especially at RWB

Seems to be

RAN - LB/LWB
Toti, Semedo, D🤮herty as his cover
I suppose back then Jonny genuinely could play both sides. Not in a Doherty way of him being 2/10 at RB and not really any worse at LB either.

Maybe Guedes is going to have a Stephen Ward 2008 conversion.

Didn't West Ham play Dawson at full back a few times.......ton of cover, everyone is over reacting...

Pretty sure he played RB against us in Lage's final game. Stuart Pearce also put him there in the Olympics.

Two managerial giants in that conversation there. I actually wonder who is worse.

I’m a broken record, I know, but Max leaving and Yerson returning is an outright improvement IMV.

Kilman’s biggest problem is that he makes the defenders around him worse if one isn’t spending half his attention making Kilman better.

I wouldn't agree with that argument, particularly as Mosquera's potential partners aren't of the ability (or age) they need to be.
Doesn’t matter whether it’s Kilman or Mosquera playing, the partner(s) remain an issue. Dawson seems to be struggling with injuries and is inevitably getting slower, Toti gives most fans the heebie jeebies multiple times a game and Bueno is neither quick nor strong. If we’re going to play a back four successfully we are going to struggle without an additional player.

Back