• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

They're demanding £60m for Toney which is more than a fair price given his record in the PL. No-one seems to want to pay it though.

They're demanding £60m for Toney which is more than a fair price given his record in the PL. No-one seems to want to pay it though.

It's a lot for someone of that age with 1 season left on their contract though.

Has Ivan Toney not left Brentford yet ? Haven't heard a thing about him .

Thought he was nailed on to move .
Apparently he wants ridiculous wages upwards of 200k per week. That and a big transfer fee

Wissa would be a decent addition; not the best footballer but pacey and direct.

£25m is a hefty amount. One of those you have to hope he has a big impact because not getting much of that back when he leaves.

We paid £18m for Adama 6 years ago and he's a miles better player
And at one point was being linked with a move where we would have made money on him.

Not so much commenting on the quality of the player just that this would be a straight out purchase where the return on investment is essentially 100% what he does for us.
We won't be seeing that £25m coming back.
A bit like Fabio I guess but with proven ability.

Nice to see we are prepared to make this kind of move and always be looking at what it pops in the bank later down the line

You have to have a mix of approaches, you don't need to be Dave Jones 2001 about it but someone who can slot straight in (theoretically) is vital in our current situation.
Yep but we have been a bit all over the shop with our transfer policy, so just a bit odd to see some proper thought going into it at the moment

Really like Wissa so that gets a big thumbs up from me. £25m seems steep but we’re in the need for some “prem experience” and that comes at a premium.

Maybe we've enquired and been told that's the price we have to meet.

I’ve been travelling back from Antalya today so haven’t really been keeping up, but first post that’s popped up on social media when I get home says we’re in talks for Harry Maguire for £15m?

Anyone seen this anywhere?!

0% chance of that happening

Man Utd won't pay him off (hence not going to West Ham last year) and we wouldn't offer him 50% of his current wage

Back