• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I reckon we're at least a year away from serious interest in Joao, probably two. At a price we'd deal at anyway (unless we get relegated then all bets are off)
Change 'probably two' to 'possibly two', I reckon. Spurs have already been sniffing around allegedly, and I think if he kicks on even a little bit from last season, we will struggle to keep hold of him next summer.

Played very well up front in a dismal Sheffield Utd team and, for me anyway, can be fluid with Cunha in the middle.

6 in 14 for the blades at CF.
He's decent and does score goals but we want somebody who can hold their own up top. He either played in a two or on the left. We’ve already got Cunha and Hwang who between them can do what he does and more.

He's decent and does score goals but we want somebody who can hold their own up top. He either played in a two or on the left. We’ve already got Cunha and Hwang who between them can do what he does and more.
Then we surely can't sign Che Adams because he can't do that either. Sergeant the same.

We have to be after a bigger stronger centre forward.

(I think BBD can btw)

Not keen on writing off players after their first season in a new country. See also Bellegarde.
I think that's going to be the problem for any new CB signed after Kilman goes too.

Then we surely can't sign Che Adams because he can't do that either. Sergeant the same.

We have to be after a bigger stronger centre forward.

(I think BBD can btw)
Che Adams holds the ball up well, in fact I'd say it it was one of his biggest qualities. He's got a decent touch and can link play well and occupy defenders.

The issue with him is that he can't and never will score goals at this level. He's proven that time and again, anyone thinking they can take him and unlock some kind of scoring run is kidding themselves.

He's basically the anti-Hwang.

Che Adams holds the ball up well, in fact I'd say it it was one of his biggest qualities. He's got a decent touch and can link play well and occupy defenders.

The issue with him is that he can't and never will score goals at this level. He's proven that time and again, anyone thinking they can take him and unlock some kind of scoring run is kidding themselves.

He's basically the anti-Hwang.
I don't think he does any of that well. I think it's his best quality but he's not up to standard in the PL at it.

Had a Quick Look at his fb ref page and in the last year he’s basically been amazing at everything with the ball and non existent defensively. Think would be a decent shout in the 343. I really liked him when he first broke through at Leeds

He's direct, but without a trick, he'd be easy to defend against at PL level
I said the same about Bowen and regretted that some years later, I think Clarke could be the same, but I think if we're going down this route I'd rather go for Gnonto or Summerville at Leeds.

Wouldn't mind Clarke but he's going to cost too much.

Last edited:
That's too much for either. Better value in some free transfers.

I presume we're looking at moving Sarabia on if we're looking at Clarke.
Neto and Sarabia if/when they go will be replaced. Expecting a winger and a more creative inside forward if both go.

Back