• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I also rate Martial but it’s hard to ignore that seemingly no United manager has trusted him with a serious run of games (feels like that’s the case, at least).
Martial is far better as a sub against tiring defenders. I'd imagine his goals per minute as a sub are much higher than when he's a starter.

I'd accept £30m plus add-ons but not spread over 6 years.

Its just my view, I realise many don't agree, but I think we will / would miss him far more than some realise. I'm not saying he is perfect CB, but he does a lot of good defensive work for us.

Mind you, as my son often reminds me, my opinion is often bollocks. After watching Raul's 1st game for us, I said to him, "I don't think this lads got much about him" :)-

I am in the "we would miss him" camp. Just don`t trust them to replace him with a better option. I rest my case at Santi.

I am in the "we would miss him" camp. Just don`t trust them to replace him with a better option. I rest my case at Santi.
Santi is made to look worse than he is because of Kilman’s regular ball-watching. He’s got flaws for certain (I’m quicker and I have one knee) but IMO could very much be a Dawson type for us with a better partner.

We also need to stop exposing all of our CBs so badly via vacating central midfield but that is a separate discussion from personnel.

Santi is made to look worse than he is because of Kilman’s regular ball-watching. He’s got flaws for certain (I’m quicker and I have one knee) but IMO could very much be a Dawson type for us with a better partner.

We also need to stop exposing all of our CBs so badly via vacating central midfield but that is a separate discussion from personnel.
We also need to start blocking some crosses from the wings. Kilman is good with the play in front of him, does some great blocks and carries the ball out well, not so good when its played across from the sides.

We also need to start blocking some crosses from the wings. Kilman is good with the play in front of him, does some great blocks and carries the ball out well, not so good when its played across from the sides.
We do okay at that IMO; it’s got to be a very difficult balance to strike in this day and age where wingers are generally all quite skillful so it takes very little overcommitment and you end up in an even worse spot.

Meat and drink stuff is where Kilman excels IMV. Which is why he’s just okay and no more than that.

We do okay at that IMO; it’s got to be a very difficult balance to strike in this day and age where wingers are generally all quite skillful so it takes very little overcommitment and you end up in an even worse spot.

Meat and drink stuff is where Kilman excels IMV. Which is why he’s just okay and no more than that.
Semedo is as good a one-on-one defender as you get outside the top 6-7 teams, Hugo isn't very good at stopping crosses but RAN is decent at it now and Toti covers well in those areas too.

What you don't want is Dawson, Santi or Kilman getting pulled into the channels because they all turn like milk. Max isn't actually that slow once he gets going but he can't deal with a ball in behind him (so we never play a high line at all, which leaves a mountain of work and ground to cover for the two CMs to do).

Back