• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Taibi, Blanc, Djemba-Djemba....however nowhere near as costly.

Also the French baldy, erm... Prunier
Blanc was fine, free, experienced, a slightly ropey start but decent after that, the error was selling Stam

Taibi was awful but wasn't very expensive and quickly chucked, didn't impact on anything

Djemba-Djemba was just cheap shit, was never a statement signing, bit of an Eggert Jonsson for them

Prunier was a weirdo loan for two games, he's like their Manuel Thetis/Darren Peacock level, clearly Roger Johnson was way worse for us like Maguire has been worse overall for them

Martial is an odd one, seemed massively overpriced at first as he didn't have much profile, then looked like he might be a steal, then became a proper fairweather player, their issue there has been continually giving him new deals and not cutting him loose

Tiabi was 4.5mill, in 1999 that was a few quid?

I quite like Martial to be honest, his scoring rate isn't as bad as his reputation suggests really.

£4.5m wasn't *that* much really, we paid £3.5m for Akinbiyi in the same summer, keepers are always a bit weird with pricing though. They got about half of it back eventually. Plus they had spare money in that area as Bosnich was free (and Fergie hated him after about two weeks :D Excellent keeper but what a nightmare to deal with and kicked like Lonergan)

Tiabi was 4.5mill, in 1999 that was a few quid?

I quite like Martial to be honest, his scoring rate isn't as bad as his reputation suggests really.
I also rate Martial but it’s hard to ignore that seemingly no United manager has trusted him with a serious run of games (feels like that’s the case, at least).

I also rate Martial but it’s hard to ignore that seemingly no United manager has trusted him with a serious run of games (feels like that’s the case, at least).
29 league starts in his very first season (as long ago as 2015/16, so long ago it was when we were signing Adam Le Fondre, Nathan Byrne and Sheyi Ojo at the same time) and 31 in 2019/20.

Otherwise hasn't managed 20 in any other season. 25 across the last three seasons and that includes 7 for Sevilla. But mainly as he has a Daniel Sturridge attitude towards fitness.

Nearly a decade he’s been there! Fuck off, time

Again it's weird (very weird) but it's one of the richest clubs in the world spending £7m in 2010. We spent £5m last year on Enso Gonzalez and not one person on here could confidently say whether he will or won't make an impact at any point ever.

They paid £80m for Harry Maguire, literally the world's most expensive defender (he still is now, five years later), it's not in the same league.

Not been around that much over the last couple of days. Anyone mentioned that Lemina Jr is going back?

Liam said he was (but I can't see the article because I'm not paying the silly money they want).

Got to trust the club on that one. If he's nowhere near the standard required then we can't throw money at it.

He must be really bad for us not to take a £1M option.

He must be really bad for us not to take a £1M option.
Mario insisted we didn't after discovering spending 5 months of living with his younger brother was just too much

Anything at £30m or more up front and then some addons is where we should be selling IMO.

Back