• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

We definitely need 5 CBs now to cover for Dawson missing any time, plus suspensions/rotation.

Different league, positive signs but you can’t say he’s proven himself to be a competent premier league centre half.
But that's the market we're shopping in, we won't get a competent experienced Premier league CB for the money we will spend, might as well give Mosquera a go. Someone like Elvedi might be a better option but no guarantee and would we get him for circa 10m anyway?

But that's the market we're shopping in, we won't get a competent experienced Premier league CB for the money we will spend, might as well give Mosquera a go. Someone like Elvedi might be a better option but no guarantee and would we get him for circa 10m anyway?
I’ve got no issues with giving him a go? Never said that. Just said I’d still class him as an unknown quantity and I’d want another CB as well.

If we were to sign a full international who's just turned 23, looked physically fine for the Premier League, and has just proved himself to be valuable in MLS, and then coped well with the step up to La Liga, who's managers have all wanted to keep him, then I think we'd all be a lot more excited than we are about the fact it's just Yerson coming back.

If we were to sign a full international who's just turned 23, looked physically fine for the Premier League, and has just proved himself to be valuable in MLS, and then coped well with the step up to La Liga, who's managers have all wanted to keep him, then I think we'd all be a lot more excited than we are about the fact it's just Yerson coming back.
I hope it turns out well Ofcourse , just sharing my concerns 🤷‍♂️ still back to the original point that if kilman were to go I’d want to new in, not 1 if we’re going to play 3 at the back

That’s a fairly ridiculous opener given we rejected more than that from a foreign club last year.

Weird that Lop wants him so badly. What does he see that we don't?

That’s a fairly ridiculous opener given we rejected more than that from a foreign club last year.
More about finding out if Kilman actually wants to go.

In isolation I'd happily take that for him because he isn't worth it and he causes us multiple issues, but the bigger picture is we need more money to improve the squad and not sell someone else who's actually good along the way.

Reports today that Chelsea and Manchester United could also be interested. Where the journalist by the name of Hatt Mobbs is getting such information to leak their interest hasn't been verified.

With Lopetegui being so keen I can see this happening eventually for around 35m assuming Max wants the move. It’d be a fantastic deal but we’d still need to make sure we get a good enough replacement in

With Lopetegui being so keen I can see this happening eventually for around 35m assuming Max wants the move. It’d be a fantastic deal but we’d still need to make sure we get a good enough replacement in
Ideally a CH or two that would allow us to play a back four at times

£25m offer rejected according to Liam, with Wolves holding out for £45m. I'd be happy with splitting the difference. Very happy.
Yeah £35M would be brilliant for us.

That plus the profit we made last summer and what we'd get for the assorted unwanted shite we've somehow managed to fill our squad with should be enough to fund a decent summer spend.

Then we can either keep or charge extortionate fees for our other key players.

Back