• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Only downside to this is from an England perspective and ends up getting called up because he’s at West Ham

Only downside to this is from an England perspective and ends up getting called up because he’s at West Ham
Just add an extra £5m fee for that scenario. I can't see it happening as England have better options and Kilman has fluffed his chances when Southgate has watched him.

If we have to generate funds in order to be allowed to bring in players , then selling Kilman for a decent fee of say 30-35m makes a hell of a lot of sense .
He is far less of a loss to us than Neto , RAN or Cunha . He is quite replaceable , whereas the others are far less easily replaced .

However , please note , maybe Kilman might not want to leave - no one appears to be considering that . We can't go out and pay 25m for another centre back without selling Kilman first . In that respect he holds the cards .

Let's hope he's more a right-sided Ait-Nouri than a Semedo.

I think considering Hobbs has said that we need 1 (maybe 2) big sales each summer to fund squad building Max is probably the most replaceable of our key players likely to generate a big fee.

If selling him for £40-50M means we can hold onto or demand a ridiculous fee for Neto/Cunha/Aït-Nouri/Hwang/João Gomes then selling him would be a great bit of business for us.
Also pure profit on the books.

Just add an extra £5m fee for that scenario. I can't see it happening as England have better options and Kilman has fluffed his chances when Southgate has watched him.
He turned really awful a couple of seasons ago when Southgate watched when he was partnering Coady? Kinda weird that it seems to have gone all downhill since then.

I dont think we'll easily replace him if sold but thats mainly due to lack of faith in our recruitment, not Kilman's ability. If they can find a Boly type, someone that can cover Dawson's weaknesses, is flexible enough in a back 2 or 3, that would be the ideal. I'm not sure I see it happening.

He turned really awful a couple of seasons ago when Southgate watched when he was partnering Coady? Kinda weird that it seems to have gone all downhill since then.

I dont think we'll easily replace him if sold but thats mainly due to lack of faith in our recruitment, not Kilman's ability. If they can find a Boly type, someone that can cover Dawson's weaknesses, is flexible enough in a back 2 or 3, that would be the ideal. I'm not sure I see it happening.
Dawson
Mosquera
Toti
Santi (he gets one more season to show whether he's up to it, there were good spells for him last season and some rubbish ones)
1 x new (Elvedi?)

That would be enough to get by I'd say

Dawson
Mosquera
Toti
Santi (he gets one more season to show whether he's up to it, there were good spells for him last season and some rubbish ones)
1 x new (Elvedi?)

That would be enough to get by I'd say
I’d want 2 new. Dawson can’t rely on staying fit and ultimately if we’re still playing a 3 it leaves us bare.
Santi still abit of an unknown, as is Mosquera.

He's certainly done enough to be given a go.
He's done as well as any of the CBs we've been linked with.Whether he can cut it in the Premier league remains to be seen, I'm hopeful.
Exactly that though, isn’t it. By all accounts he done very well abroad, but premier league is totally different. So he still has to prove himself in the premier league.

If you’re going with the 5 mentioned,
Dawson is 34? And can’t rely on him for a season
Bueno is meh currently
Toti - seems fine
New signing (again new league need to prove himself)
Mosq (as above)

So you’ve got 1 banker, 1 injury prone, bueno and 2 in a way unknowns. I’d want 1 more, especially if keeping to a back 3

Mosquera can’t have done much more to prove himself.
Different league, positive signs but you can’t say he’s proven himself to be a competent premier league centre half.

Back