• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I always struggle to understand whether you are obtuse or stupid. They WON more points than Wolves
The league table says otherwise. They actually "won" 40 points. They had points taken off them because they cheated. So they didn't win more points than Wolves. It's a fucking stupid and obtuse argument to say they won more when the league table reflects otherwise.

The league table says otherwise. They actually "won" 40 points. They had points taken off them because they cheated. So they didn't win more points than Wolves. It's a fucking stupid and obtuse argument to say they won more when the league table reflects otherwise.
Well you've cleared my struggles up for me. Ta

How many games did they win and draw?
How many did Wolves?

Playing to their defenders strengths?
I guess so. Dyche ball. Season before they scored just 34 goals and stayed up as the dullard rescued them and bored their fans to death. And for the record, they conceded 57 then.

There are lots of centre halves we could sign for ~£20m that are better than Max Kilman, who cannot play in a back four, organise, pass or play in a high line.
This is where I am. I’m not as anti kilman as others, he’s a competent lower mid table centre half. However, you should be able to get those sort of players for 10m I’d imagine , certainly not 35m. Naturally you’d have to trust wolves to buy a competent replacement, however but it’s easily doable

OK ignoring the Sky 6 based on last season's PL
Mings
Costa
Konsa
Torres
Sensei
Dunk
Webster
Van Hecke
Andersen
Guehi
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Mee
Ajar
Adarabioyo
Botman
Schar
Boly
Murillo
Dawson

Are all better centre halves than Kilman, there's others that are judgement calls.

It’s a fools argument to say ‘well name the replacement’. Unless you’re a scout or have a lot of free time on your hands.

If kilman is the best centre half available to you, then you either have zero money, or are just incompetent at your job.

He is a replaceable player, especially at 35m.

Again, I’m nit going to be pant wetting if he’s still starting next year, it’s where we are as a team and is a competent lower half prem centre half. I will be requiring some new pants if we are turning down bids at 45m, however

Again, I’m nit going to be pant wetting if he’s still starting next year, it’s where we are as a team and is a competent lower half prem centre half. I will be requiring some new pants if we are turning down bids at 45m, however
In a 3, a formation only one other PL team that finished above us played as base and on the surface GON doesn't want to either unless he's had a change of heart

In a 3, a formation only one other PL team that finished above us played as base and on the surface GON doesn't want to either unless he's had a change of heart
Fair points. If we aren’t wanting to progress and keep to the 3/5 then he’s passible.

As you say, it’s the lack flexibility with him.

That being said, could he play in 2 with another partner? Personally I don’t think so, but that’s what it should also boil down to in GoN’s eyes. I can’t see him going to West Ham and them reverting to a 3?

For £10m (or around that) I imagine he’s the understudy to Semedo.

Sell Hoever for whatever we can get. Doherty can be the kitman or something

Ever carried a full bag of kit? He'd be bloody useless at it, probably demand a golf cart or something.

£45m seems a bit high for Kilman, but he is a far better player than either Zouma, Aguerd or any other centre back we have been linked to. If we had him last year we would be in Europe this year. Kidman is a safe, reliable, no nonsense centre back who is good on the ball and a good leader. They don’t grow on trees. He is two footed and can play RCH better than any of our current players, and is one of the most reliable LCH in the league. Those type of players don’t get a lot of attention. Centre backs get noticed a lot more for their failings tha their strengths

Accepting he has flaws and he isn't Captain material, but I still think overall he is a good CB, and whilst I stand to proven wrong, I am concerned that it may not be easy to replace him. There were many times when our defence were literally playing ping pong, with the ball coming back to our defence. I know most on here disagree, but I honestly feel he is underappreciated. Of course every player has his price, but its not always as easy to persuade good players to come to a non-glory club.

I think considering Hobbs has said that we need 1 (maybe 2) big sales each summer to fund squad building Max is probably the most replaceable of our key players likely to generate a big fee.

If selling him for £40-50M means we can hold onto or demand a ridiculous fee for Neto/Cunha/Aït-Nouri/Hwang/João Gomes then selling him would be a great bit of business for us.

Back