• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

With Mosquera, Gomes & Lima all being able to play either RB or RM surely we can just fuck Doherty off now. There must be a Championship club stupid enough to spend a million or so for his 'experience' or whatever other nonsense clubs use to justify blatantly terrible transfers.

Ki-Jana Hoever can go as well. What a waste of money that was. Use the money to get Nelson a new contract and keep a key player here for what should be his peak over the next 2/3 years.

Lembikisa can raise funds as well, might get a million or so for him.

Toti, Aït-Nouri & Hugo B covering the same positions on the other side with Rodrigo G, Aït-Nouri and potentially Lima able to play on the opposite side in an emergency.

That should be enough depth in those positions surely.

With our recent travails with budgets, cashflow, FFP etc, I can't see us shelling out £10m on a player to stick him in the U21s. If he signs it should be on the basis that he is a first team option
Tbf we did spend £5M on Enso González last season

For those of you that have never seen him kick a ball. Obligatory YouTube video below:

His crossing of the ball looks as bad as Semedo's, he'll fit right in... ;)

Football is so fucking weird.

If Cunha is raving about him that much and Chelsea were all over the hand before we swept in and trumped the FFP-ignoring cunts, I suspect he might have a bit more about him than that.

Of course, some actual evidence to back up my gut feeling would be nice, but is sorely lacking!
Chelsea were sending him straight out to Strasbourg..

Please God let that Kilman story be true. He's obviously a decent PL player but we could replace him with somebody capable of playing in a two for half that money

Chelsea were sending him straight out to Strasbourg..

Who was the Strasbourg lad we were keen on, before Bellegarde, but Chelsea wouldn't let him leave? This multi-ownership model must surely fall foul of some EU anti-competition law. One of the worst aspects of the modern game.

Edit: added an e

Last edited:
Who was the Strasbourg lad we were keen on, before Bellegarde, but Chelsea wouldn't let him leave? This multi-ownership model must surely fall foul of some EU anti-competition law. On of the worst aspects of the modern game.
Habib Diarra

Genuinely how much would you sell Kilman for, not what do the club want.

I’d be tempted by 20m to be honest, let alone 35+!

Genuinely how much would you sell Kilman for, not what do the club want.

I’d be tempted by 20m to be honest, let alone 35+!
Dollar1.gif

In all seriousness, crap like Michael Keane would probably cost £10m even after a couple of years of doing not much. I'd be annoyed if we bought someone of Kilman's profile for £20m.

Kilman wise I can take him or leave him, I know he’s never been flavour of he month on here and I’d be happy to snap the hands of anyone offering in excess of £35 million.
My concern is Toti is just as liable to a similar fuck up, Santi Bueno similar, Dawson ain’t gonna do a full Premier League season and Mosquera obviously wants to stay in the sunshine.
So who’s the replacement?, I’m not that in touch with half decent centre backs, I saw that lad Harwood-Bellis I think that’s his name in the Championship last season and he might be worth a punt, other than that I’m struggling, could do an exchange with he cat kicker I suppose, he’d be ok for a team hoping to achieve somewhere in the region of 15th place next season.

Kilman wise I can take him or leave him, I know he’s never been flavour of he month on here and I’d be happy to snap the hands of anyone offering in excess of £35 million.
My concern is Toti is just as liable to a similar fuck up, Santi Bueno similar, Dawson ain’t gonna do a full Premier League season and Mosquera obviously wants to stay in the sunshine.
So who’s the replacement?, I’m not that in touch with half decent centre backs, I saw that lad Harwood-Bellis I think that’s his name in the Championship last season and he might be worth a punt, other than that I’m struggling, could do an exchange with he cat kicker I suppose, he’d be ok for a team hoping to achieve somewhere in the region of 15th place next season.

The Harwood-Bellis transfer to Southampton was made permanent when they won promotion I think.

Back