• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Anderson is decent but CM is probably the lowest priority area right now. I wouldn't see him displacing either Lemina or Gomes if we carry on playing a two, he'd be vying for fairly scant minutes with Bouba.

If they offered us Wilson (so we aren't chucking any fee at him...just enjoy him for the 50-70% of a season that he might be fit for the next couple of years) then that would be more of a goer.

The thing is Newcastle want big cash in for a player. We won’t be interested in signing anybody for over inflated fees.

With Villa looking to sell a load of their yoot to fiddle er, balance the books...I wonder if we might look at Cameron Archer. They've taken him back from Sheff Utd under the terms of the original deal, if they went down then he was always going straight back minus a chunk that was effectively a loan fee.

Not going to play for Villa. Was in a rubbish team last season but I thought looked bright at times and got a very good record for England U21s, decent on loan in the Championship at PNE and Boro too.

With Villa looking to sell a load of their yoot to fiddle er, balance the books...I wonder if we might look at Cameron Archer. They've taken him back from Sheff Utd under the terms of the original deal, if they went down then he was always going straight back minus a chunk that was effectively a loan fee.

Not going to play for Villa. Was in a rubbish team last season but I thought looked bright at times and got a very good record for England U21s, decent on loan in the Championship at PNE and Boro too.
He's a good squad option.

I like him but feel we’ll want a stronger centre forward to play into at times as well as being a threat in behind.

Anderson is decent but CM is probably the lowest priority area right now. I wouldn't see him displacing either Lemina or Gomes if we carry on playing a two, he'd be vying for fairly scant minutes with Bouba.

If they offered us Wilson (so we aren't chucking any fee at him...just enjoy him for the 50-70% of a season that he might be fit for the next couple of years) then that would be more of a goer.
I agree with all this, though how much longer do you think we can hold onto Joao Gomes? It would be good forward planning to have someone in place ready for that happening. And I think Anderson is better than Traore, and with greater potential.

I agree with all this, though how much longer do you think we can hold onto Joao Gomes? It would be good forward planning to have someone in place ready for that happening. And I think Anderson is better than Traore, and with greater potential.
I reckon we're at least a year away from serious interest in Joao, probably two. At a price we'd deal at anyway (unless we get relegated then all bets are off)

Sargent was struggling badly with fitness in the playoffs and there was talk he may need another op, I don't see us pursuing that one.

Good. Obviously I'd love to have another American in the squad but preferably one who I at least believe is decent (even if he's not).

Back