• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I think he's shite.

For a side aspring to be top 10 in the PL - I agree

Is he Frank Nouble/Jake Cassidy level as is being suggested - no

He averages around 6 PL goals a season over a fair spread of time. Not very good clearly but better than SEB who not one person on here (bar maybe Mark for kicks) would call shite

We wouldn't hoof the ball at him leaving him 1 vs 4 with no support so tonight is irrelevant.

I wouldn't sign him but he isn't as bad as being painted.
Can you just imagine Hwang and Adams as our goalscoring threat next season? Hwang is a poor footballer with a knack of sometimes being in the right place at the right time. Adams is a poor footballer who has scored one in every four games. He doesn't have the touch or skill required in the Prem. He's barely capable at the top end of the Chumpionship.

No way. Not for me, thanks.

Playing kids up top cost me a place at Wembley this year.
It's a fair point but it wasn't them that did that IMO, it was our total lack of ability to sign someone to fill, arguably, the most important position on the pitch.

It's a fair point but it wasn't them that did that IMO, it was our total lack of ability to sign someone to fill, arguably, the most important position on the pitch.
Scratches head

Scratches head
OK numbskulll... it isn't the kids fault they were picked... it is the football management of WWFC that put them in that position and failed to give the Head Coach a better option. Better?

Can you just imagine Hwang and Adams as our goalscoring threat next season? Hwang is a poor footballer with a knack of sometimes being in the right place at the right time. Adams is a poor footballer who has scored one in every four games. He doesn't have the touch or skill required in the Prem. He's barely capable at the top end of the Chumpionship.

I wouldn't sign him, I think we can do better

He is better than Fabio Silva, Willian Joke, Patrick Cutrone, Gonçalo Guedes, Leo Bonatini or Elvis in Vegas Diego Costa who have all played up front for us since 2018

OK numbskulll... it isn't the kids fault they were picked... it is the football management of WWFC that put them in that position and failed to give the Head Coach a better option. Better?
Nope, you'd rather play the kids than sign someone like Adams, yet if we had someone like him against Coventry we probably win, it doesn’t make sense. As a bonus tip, next time you call someone a numbskull spelling it correctly would be advantageous

We were, with Jota and Raul a counter attacking team for the most part and we still are. That requires mobile players with pace. Cunha, yes, Neto, yes, Hwang, sort of.
Che Adams, no.

He is better than Fabio Silva, Willian Joke, Patrick Cutrone, Gonçalo Guedes, Leo Bonatini or Elvis in Vegas Diego Costa who have all played up front for us since 2018
I think Cutrone could have been useful if he'd applied himself. Unfortunately he didn't want to.
The rest you list were/are not good enough for various reasons

Harsh on Léo! Those first six months were brilliant.

We can forget the last six. 🙂

He did get an assist in the Prem! For Adama’s late winner against West Ham (away I think).

We were, with Jota and Raul a counter attacking team for the most part and we still are. That requires mobile players with pace. Cunha, yes, Neto, yes, Hwang, sort of.
Che Adams, no.
I'm not advocating signing Adams at all I hope he goes to Forest, but the player who is central to that 3 doesn't really need to be quick, he needs to be able to hold the ball up and finish. He's average at one and awful at the other, but as we sit today better than anyone we have, unless we play Cunha or Hwang out of their best positions

Nope, you'd rather play the kids than sign someone like Adams, yet if we had someone like him against Coventry we probably win, it doesn’t make sense. As a bonus tip, next time you call someone a numbskull spelling it correctly would be advantageous
Yeah, I would. Adams is a total waste of money. Something we appear to be tight on.
I'd much rather we invest in the future than waste money on someone who clearly isn't going to improve what we already have.
As for the Coventry game, that's in the past. We're looking to next season and the future now. Adams would be nothing more than a short term fix and not going to get any better or appreciate in value.

As for my spelling, it might be advantageous if you realized it can be spelt two ways. Numskull is used in the Cambridge dictionary while the Merriam-Webster prefers my use. You're not trying to kid us you are educated now are you?

Harsh on Léo! Those first six months were brilliant.

We can forget the last six. 🙂

He did get an assist in the Prem! For Adama’s late winner against West Ham (away I think).

Leo's good bit was all in 2017 :)

But yes he did assist that Adama goal.

Yeah, I would. Adams is a total waste of money. Something we appear to be tight on.
I'd much rather we invest in the future than waste money on someone who clearly isn't going to improve what we already have.
As for the Coventry game, that's in the past. We're looking to next season and the future now. Adams would be nothing more than a short term fix and not going to get any better or appreciate in value.

As for my spelling, it might be advantageous if you realized it can be spelt two ways. Numskull is used in the Cambridge dictionary while the Merrian-Webster prefers my use. You're not trying to kid us you are educated now are you?
I`m not convinced he`d even be a fix. I can`t believe he`s a serious target.

As for my spelling, it might be advantageous if you realized it can be spelt two ways. Numskull is used in the Cambridge dictionary while the Merriam-Webster prefers my use. You're not trying to kid us you are educated now are you?
Every time you make yourself look a little more silly, Mr. Triple L. As for education, I'm sure you have an Oxbridge Masters given your history of making stuff up.

Back