• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Euro performance aside I'd have Adams if there was another attacker happening and having Adams, means the young strikers can get loans asap.

Feel like them spending pre season with a loan team would really help them to get into a side and have an actual worthwhile loan.

Said it a few times but Adams would be fine as a squad option.

I would be happier bringing him off the bench over the teenagers like last season.

But would I be happy with him as the only forward signing? No.

Given that history shows that Hwang and Neto are both particularly susceptible to injury we need more than one option before we end up calling on 18 year olds. Adam as the new 9 is obviously a really bad idea but as an alternative to youth players he’d be fine. You never know but a number of players looked far better under GO than they had previously so maybe we’d see a small improvement in CA, no harm in dreaming.

Given that history shows that Hwang and Neto are both particularly susceptible to injury we need more than one option before we end up calling on 18 year olds. Adam as the new 9 is obviously a really bad idea but as an alternative to youth players he’d be fine. You never know but a number of players looked far better under GO than they had previously so maybe we’d see a small improvement in CA, no harm in dreaming.
He wouldn't as he's crap.

My only concern with the idea is that buying "squad options" isn't strengthening the first XI is it? Buy a top end striker and Hwang becomes the squad option, which sounds quite a bit better than Hwang backed up by Che Adams.
I do get this, but it's where we are with Fosun/Shi. I guess it's easier to stomach Adams because he'll be free (I know we have to pay him).

I actually think he'll end up going somewhere where he'll be first choice rather than to us anyway!

I can see your mind is made up so little point in debating it, really. But what I will say is, you could have prime Fat Ronaldo up top in that Scottish side and he'd look bang average. They let themselves down badly this tournament.
I reckon Fat Ronny wouldn’t have missed from 6 inches at Molineux though. Or been relentlessly mediocre year in year out for a number of seasons.

I can see your mind is made up so little point in debating it, really. But what I will say is, you could have prime Fat Ronaldo up top in that Scottish side and he'd look bang average. They let themselves down badly this tournament.
Good job I'm not judging him on his Scotland performances then.

I've seen him at Molineux and last season on TV for Saints and he was crap in pretty much every game.

He's very much a top half championship forward but nowhere near PL standard.

Adams isn't very good - would he would be ok as a guy to throw in for 10-15 minutes of games so we don't have to use a kid thats not ready? Yes.

The problem is he wont be on small wages coming in as a free transfer and the club wouldn't do a deal on those terms for someone they were planning on using so infrequently, if he signs he's going to see plenty of game time so I'd rather we steer well clear of it.

Good job I'm not judging him on his Scotland performances then.

I've seen him at Molineux and last season on TV for Saints and he was crap in pretty much every game.

He's very much a top half championship forward but nowhere near PL standard.
Last three seasons he's played in the PL, he's got around a 1 in 3 strike-rate. For someone who is "crap/shite", that's not bad.

I'm not trying to defend the signing because I agree, we should be aiming higher. I'm trying to just offer some balance behind the thought process of signing him, particularly with Jeff Shi (the wanker) still pulling the strings.

Last three seasons he's played in the PL, he's got around a 1 in 3 strike-rate. For someone who is "crap/shite", that's not bad.

I'm not trying to defend the signing because I agree, we should be aiming higher. I'm trying to just offer some balance behind the thought process of signing him, particularly with Jeff Shi (the wanker) still pulling the strings.
Might want to check your stats Jinks, he's 1 in 5 in his PL career.

That's not very good no matter how you look at it.

There are players we could get that would do a much better job on loan for a season if need be (same money). We don't need to sign dreck like Adams.

Last edited:
Now now, he didn't miss. He somehow handled the ball and it went in.
BBC Euro take on that; “people might criticise, but what they don’t see and the big positive is he’s getting himself into that position in the first place”

Back