• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Do you mean including Sasa and Fabio, or are you genuinely saying we’re complete with Hwang and one addition? It’s a puzzling comment given what we’ve seen with our own eyes these last few months but I might have misunderstood.

The first part of your reply isn’t that credible to be fair. Just say you didn’t see it coming.
In fairness, it is. The context that was taken from was a massive increase in ST prices and the optics that we wouldn't be active in the transfer market. When GFFH originally posted his comment, I took it as a kind of "it isn't worth getting upset about, have a holiday and try not to think of Jeff Shi and his fucking useless attempts at signing cheap options"

Sorry but we're absolutely not "one striker off a full squad". That line stinks of not learning a valuable lesson. We cannot trust Hwang to stay fit - we're clearly after Adams (he's free and plays in a position we're desperate to recruit in - of course Shi is interested) - but not adding one other additional body up top would be a huge mistake and, to be honest, bordering on gross negligence given the fact we had to field a literal schoolkid up top for periods of last season.

We also need to keep in mind injuries in the wider positions of the front three and the squad depth there - so I could quite easily see Hwang being required to cover that role at some point.

The days of "three players for one position is too much" are long gone IMO. What we need is players that can be flexible and play in more than one position - but we absolutely need more than one forward. If the club are pushing that line to the likes of GFFH (and I have no reason to not believe him), then that is a huge concern that they just have not learnt their lesson.

I think he meant just in terms of numbers for squad registration rules, so anybody in would need a body to be fucked off or not registered. I hope.

We need a quality CB, as the only one we have is Dawson and he is 34, and past his best. All the others we have are squad makeweights.

Sort the defence and the rest of the side will improve.

People are struggling to count it seems.
I’ve got the current squad at 23 players with three keepers, Mosquera, Rodrigo Gomes & Chiquinho included.

In terms of forwards, six or seven for the three forward positions would be more than enough (RAN & R.Gomes are also options not included here) and with one more signing that’s where we’ll be.

The ones that can read will see I said we’d then be replacing the outgoings to maintain those options. Neto, Sarabia, Chiquinho all potentially could go. How we replace them is the key. We could end up with two new 9’s plus Hwang or we could sign an extra wide player and Cunha becomes the third nine if we have injuries to the two first choices.

Sa
Bentley
King

Doherty
Ait-Nouri
S Bueno
Dawson
H Bueno
Semedo
Kilman
Toti
Mosquera

Lemina
Traoré
J Gomes
Doyle
Hodge

Silva
Hwang
Cunha
R Gomes
Chiquinho
Podence
Guedes
Kalajdzic

I make it 25 with Rodrigo Gomes, but all the ones in italics will surely either go or in Sasa's case, not be registered in September as he won't be fit until after Christmas.

It's pretty poor that we've managed to collect loads of senior players that pretty much everyone would more or less give away.

Bentley, Doherty, Hoever, Cundle, Hodge, Podence, Guedes, Silva

It's pretty poor that we've managed to collect loads of senior players that pretty much everyone would more or less give away.

Bentley, Doherty, Hoever, Cundle, Hodge, Podence, Guedes, Silva
Bentley, King, Doherty, S. Bueno, Hodge, Bellegarde, Silva, Podence, Guedes, Sasa, Hoever, Cundle.

Over £100m spunked up the wall, and coincidentally all of our FFP losses.

But Jeff Shi is fucking ace and we are only 1 striker short of a full squad. Fucking puddled.

People are struggling to count it seems.
I’ve got the current squad at 23 players with three keepers, Mosquera, Rodrigo Gomes & Chiquinho included.

In terms of forwards, six or seven for the three forward positions would be more than enough (RAN & R.Gomes are also options not included here) and with one more signing that’s where we’ll be.

The ones that can read will see I said we’d then be replacing the outgoings to maintain those options. Neto, Sarabia, Chiquinho all potentially could go. How we replace them is the key. We could end up with two new 9’s plus Hwang or we could sign an extra wide player and Cunha becomes the third nine if we have injuries to the two first choices.
I’m alright at reading ta. Not a surprise as Rish! told us on panorama last night that children in the UK were the best at reading in the whole country…

Bentley, King, Doherty, S. Bueno, Hodge, Bellegarde, Silva, Podence, Guedes, Sasa, Hoever, Cundle.

Over £100m spunked up the wall, and coincidentally all of our FFP losses.

But Jeff Shi is fucking ace and we are only 1 striker short of a full squad. Fucking puddled.
You still think we are light on numbers then?

It does seem good business tbf.

Back