• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I think Yerson would be fine as a rustic style RB in a back four (given you'd presumably have RAN actually attacking on the other side).

Not at RWB, not in a million years.

And we can't play a back four with Captain Wow.
Didn't put it very well, I meant as RCB in a 3 and able to fill in for Gomes when he goes rampaging forward.

If you have Toti and Yerson either side of Kilman then theoretically that covers quite a lot of his flaws.

Although we still have no leader at all.
Still clinging onto the hope we sell Max for 40m and replace with the next Kompany for 18m.

If you have Toti and Yerson either side of Kilman then theoretically that covers quite a lot of his flaws.

Although we still have no leader at all.
IMO Yerson can be that guy. He's a natural organizer and communicator; language (and skill, realistically) would be the barrier there.

We can’t afford to spend 15m Euros on a reserve. That kind of money must go on players that are intended to start.

He'll be here for 5 years, I think it's an inevitability he'd be a starter eventually, unless he turns into next Guedes or Fabio.

IMO Yerson can be that guy. He's a natural organizer and communicator; language (and skill, realistically) would be the barrier there.
He played in the States for a while so hopefully his English is reasonable now.

He played in the States for a while so hopefully his English is reasonable now.
I'd expect so, Cincinnati had him working with an ESL instructor so it should be good enough to tell Doherty to move his fat ass quicker.

Weston would be stupid to come back to England.

That doesn't help Villa though, they need money for PSR reasons (they have spent daft amounts for ages now), they wouldn't sell Luiz if they didn't have to.

That doesn't help Villa though, they need money for PSR reasons (they have spent daft amounts for ages now), they wouldn't sell Luiz if they didn't have to.
Same as Newcastle, they don't need to sell from a financial perspective, so they'd sell Luiz and buy anyone in separate deals, the same as we did with Jota/Hoever and reinvest the balance elsewhere. I still think it's unfair that they have to.

Last edited:
Seems the deal Villa want is £20m + those 2 players.

It'd be interesting to see our defence line up like this next season. It'd take a Kilman sale though. If he and Semedo were to leave then we wouldn't need to sell any one who didn't ask for a move and still be able to bring a few in.

Gomes - Mosquera - Dawson - Toti - RAN

Edit - Just for Del

Last edited:
Been listening to some Forest podcasts and they are not overly keen on signing him.

Im nonplussed about him and id rather we get a yay or nay soon and if its the latter we just move on.

Back