• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

He hasn't passed his medical yet

I know it's probably been asked and answered before, but how is that Fabrizio Romano is the one that breaks all of these signings and when he says it, you know it is true?

I know it's probably been asked and answered before, but how is that Fabrizio Romano is the one that breaks all of these signings and when he says it, you know it is true?
Same as Schefter and Rapoport. Agents and clubs give him information to break in exchange for planting positive stories when required. It suits all to have a small number of journalists who are on the money. They get more followers and any message therefore gets amplified further. Search his Tweets on Martial for examples of him giving back.

Last edited:
He did a transfer deadline day live stream last time, and was constantly on at least two different phones throughout. I always think the same with Rapoport but for me I can't think of a more unrewarding life.

I think being a fluffer for Julen Lopetegui and Enzo Maresca would be less fulfilling.

team14_700x700.png

The buzz of being "first" is a huge motivater to some. The whole NBA seems to revolve around Shams vs Woj breaking news.

On Gomes are we signing him more as a winger or wing-back? Seems like a good signing at least, I think he could add to winger depth, not sure on defensive capabilities to eventually replace Semedo.

I think logic says it's to replace Semedo.

- 31 in November
- One year left on his deal
- On huge wages
- Never ever going to improve his attacking output

In an ideal world I'd keep him, I like him, but any decent bid and looking at it coldly, he has to go.
That's the logical shout, but with last Summer in mind that's the one player GON has publicly gone into bat for, so be interesting to see behind the scenes if he does go.

Last edited:
I read it at the time (last week of the season was when he was mainly giving it loads) as "don't dare sell him and leave me with Doherty, Hoever and Lembikisa" more than "we must keep him at all costs or I'll be very pissed off".

GFFH mooted the idea that Gomes could play RWB and Semedo RCH in behind him, I don't like that. Paul Parker, Kyle Walker and Gary Neville are/were RBs who could play as a right sided CH in a three, on the limited views of Semedo there last season, I don't think the same applies.

I read it at the time (last week of the season was when he was mainly giving it loads) as "don't dare sell him and leave me with Doherty, Hoever and Lembikisa" more than "we must keep him at all costs or I'll be very pissed off".

GFFH mooted the idea that Gomes could play RWB and Semedo RCH in behind him, I don't like that. Kyle Walker and Gary Neville were RBs who could play as a right sided CH in a three, on the limited views of Semedo there last season, I don't think the same applies.
If you remove the Liverpool game given he was off before ht, then his worst game last season was playing there against Palace. Also horribly out of position for the penalty he gave away against City

GFFH mooted the idea that Gomes could play RWB and Semedo RCH in behind him, I don't like that. Paul Parker, Kyle Walker and Gary Neville are/were RBs who could play as a right sided CH in a three, on the limited views of Semedo there last season, I don't think the same applies.
If he comes back and isn't terrible, wouldn't Mosquera be ideal for that CB/covering the RWB role.

I think Yerson would be fine as a rustic style RB in a back four (given you'd presumably have RAN actually attacking on the other side).

Not at RWB, not in a million years.

And we can't play a back four with Captain Wow.

Shifting Semedo narrow was one of the worst ideas GO had last season, and I fucking love Nelson.

Don't put players in positions that exacerbate their flaws; should be simple.

Yeah the best of Semedo is RB. A 5-3-2 with RAN/Gomes could be interesting but I don't think that would be with Semedo sliding into a CB role.

If he is Semedo's replacement I assume eventually it'll be next season? Gives a year to settle and cover up the pitch too. My 5 minutes of googling/videos suggest all his potential is in attack not defence at the moment.

Yeah the best of Semedo is RB. A 5-3-2 with RAN/Gomes could be interesting but I don't think that would be with Semedo sliding into a CB role.

If he is Semedo's replacement I assume eventually it'll be next season? Gives a year to settle and cover up the pitch too. My 5 minutes of googling/videos suggest all his potential is in attack not defence at the moment.
We can’t afford to spend 15m Euros on a reserve. That kind of money must go on players that are intended to start.

We did spend £12m on Bellegarde and none of us know what he even is.

We can afford to keep Semedo and deal with his contract down the line, but I doubt we will.

We did spend £12m on Bellegarde and none of us know what he even is.

We can afford to keep Semedo and deal with his contract down the line, but I doubt we will.
Most Wolves none forward on pitch issues normally lead back to Max Kilman, both the Semedo rch and Bellegarde not having a position ones do

Most Wolves none forward on pitch issues normally lead back to Max Kilman, both the Semedo rch and Bellegarde not having a position ones do
Preaching to the choir my friend.

But we aren't getting a bid for him this summer and I cannot see us being so ruthless as to rip the captaincy off him, so here we are.

Tbf I think we know what Bellegarde is, we just don't use that position and it doesn't seem like we will do in the near-term.

Back