• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I will also say I don't think this is the type of player to get people to think "well £800+ pushed me over the edge but this lad from Braga has made me realise the ambition of the club as they are prepared to spend £12m on him, I AM BACK IN" Most of the fans will know nothing about him and I just can't see how that changes anyone's mind

Feels a bit like the days when people were convinced we would start winning games and look decent just as Moxey announced the early bird pricing and then go back to being shit the moment the window closed
It **shouldn't** have too much of an effect, and I'm sure we'd have made this signing no matter what the circumstances were with STs.

However, I'm also sure that they're trying to push this through before the renewal date to show some sort of ambition.

Feels a bit like the days when people were convinced we would start winning games and look decent just as Moxey announced the early bird pricing and then go back to being shit the moment the window closed
Well that's patronising.

It's not like that at all is it?

We could sign Mbappé, Musiala and Inacio and I wouldn't change my mind, transfers in or out are way down the list of reasons why I've said no.

A fairly simple one is he is a player we want, the transfer can happen now so we are doing it.

Sorry just can't get wrapped up in a "spending £12.7m to ensure we get another £100k or so from people still undecided if they are going to renew or not"

Its a big chunk of money for a very small return. They got their positive PR last week from the fans group and the media, that's enough for Jeff.

A fairly simple one is he is a player we want, the transfer can happen now so we are doing it.

Sorry just can't get wrapped up in a "spending £12.7m to ensure we get another £100k or so from people still undecided if they are going to renew or not"

Its a big chunk of money for a very small return. They got their positive PR last week from the fans group and the media, that's enough for Jeff.
But that isn't what I'm saying is it?

I'm saying it's worth the club doing it this week, pre ST renewal date, rather than after it.

Well that's patronising.

It's not like that at all is it?
Just feels like having a go for having a go sake.

Club have been a disaster in the transfer window for various reasons, we have all made jokey comments on why we won't sign players early doors, teams get linked with players and we are all "why can't we be like that but oh no we will wait and roll out the excuses"......then we get a signing close to being done and its flipped back "just doing it for the season ticket sales"

Doesn't fit for me because a week ago we are joining others in wanting to bin season tickets for the tourist £ and now we are spending £12m to get them back.

I will of course stand corrected this week when the deal collapses and a few hundred fans are shown to bethe fools for believing the club had ambition and are £735+ out of pocket

Last edited:
We could sign Mbappé, Musiala and Inacio and I wouldn't change my mind, transfers in or out are way down the list of reasons why I've said no.
Yeah I know, but

A) there will be plenty who will be influenced by signings/ambition
B) it's worthwhile for the club, even if it is just a 100k

It **shouldn't** have too much of an effect, and I'm sure we'd have made this signing no matter what the circumstances were with STs.

However, I'm also sure that they're trying to push this through before the renewal date to show some sort of ambition.
Did you not read this post @Kenny ?

I'm sure we were always going to make this signing, just may aswell do it this week rather than next week as we have the added benefit of the PR and that it may effect those on fence about renewals.

It's hardly a chemtrail conspiracy theory, it's just a bit of common sense from the club after a few weeks of appalling PR.

I don't think it'll fall through at all.

If it was a truly fully cynical attempt by the club, they'd have leaked to the press we were back after Neves or something. (That'd have got @MARKakaJIM fully invested...)

I'm saying it's worth the club doing it this week, pre ST renewal date, rather than after it.
Its worth the club doing it now for various reasons, I just think the ST renewal date is close to the bottom of that pile (things such beating other clubs to the punch & someone in the footballing department showing they know what they are doing)

Did you not read this post @Kenny ?

I'm sure we were always going to make this signing, just may aswell do it this week rather than next week as we have the added benefit of the PR and that it may effect those on fence about renewals.

It's hardly a chemtrail conspiracy theory, it's just a bit of common sense from the club after a few weeks of appalling PR.
I did but you also put

There's no reason to "act fast" other than for the ST effect.

I just don't think this move was pushed or rushed through to hit the ST deadline.

Maybe GON hasn't been enamoured with the little he's seen? Especially if it means funds to get in one of his own players

He was only there a month!
Felt like a lot of drama packed into that time!

Regardless I suppose with Noha and this new lad coming in we don’t feel we need him which is fair enough. Hard to see where £10m is coming from though.

Best of luck to Chiqi.

Back