• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Bats is better than Adams, but that's all there is to be positive about in the unlikely event of this happening.

Last edited:
Lovely news.

Shi is still a wanker though. In fact, I can feel a change of signature coming on to save me typing it…

Not a fact until Liam posts his exclusive tweet...

Semedo off then? Come on George, a nice deal to Saudi would be nice.

If he is a replacement for Semedo rather than Neto does that mean we'll be sticking with 3 atb for the foreseeable?.....i.e. no new CB.

Is he not a replacement for Pedro?
Not really. He can play high up but he’s a touchline player really. Much more direct and pacey than somebody who plays inside and creates.
O’Neil wanted an attacking right wing back for when we want to use one on that side (Semedo or Mosquera would play behind and tuck in to make the back three), as we do with RAN on the left.

Describing him as a touchline player is wrong/weird. He's played as a very attacking RWB this season but at Braga & for Portugal youth teams it was as a winger/inside forward and he's definitely got the quality and speed of thought to play centrally. Estoril have even played a more defensive RWB in their system at times this season as a way of moving Rodrigo into the forward line.

He's fast, skillful, direct, aggressive and makes good decisions in the final third. I expect we'll see him line up as the right side RWB in possession & RM out of possession in some games but his best role would be in the forward line as a winger or inside forward.

Back