• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Slow start to his pre-season. Fully expect him to be back to his 10 min delay by August

How come Braga loaned him out ?
They signed Bruma & Rony Lopes in the summer plus they thought they were selling Ricardo Horta to Benfica but that deal fell through. Then they had Álvaro Djaló who has come through their academy ahead of him (he's signed for Athletic Bilbao for €20M) and another young winger Roger who looks like he'll be another one to move for big money.

They don't (or didn't) play with wing backs either so they probably thought he wouldn't play much.

I'm so utterly cynical of everything I'm fully expecting Tweets its fallen through because we offered to pay him in Farmfoods vouchers to start dripping out once the renewals have closed.

They signed Bruma & Rony Lopes in the summer plus they thought they were selling Ricardo Horta to Benfica but that deal fell through. Then they had Álvaro Djaló who has come through their academy ahead of him (he's signed for Athletic Bilbao for €20M) and another young winger Roger who looks like he'll be another one to move for big money.

They don't (or didn't) play with wing backs either so they probably thought he wouldn't play much.
You've listed 4 players there who they seem to rate higher than him, which begs the question, is he actually any good!?

Genuine question, I know nothing about him.

You've listed 4 players there who they seem to rate higher than him, which begs the question, is he actually any good!?

Well, I am using @Lycan as my guide on this as he watches a lot of Portuguese football and it wasn't long ago he almost had a Timmy style breakdown after the sacking of KJ over the thought of the lad signing for Atletico

I know there's sometimes very little you can do when clubs like this become interested in your targets but this has annoyed me more than usual.

The reality is we've probably missed out on this guy because we're waiting to make a sale or to count the outgoing in the next set of accounts.

This guy is going to be a superstar, he was available at a low price and all the reports in Portugal were suggesting that we had a deal agreed.

I'm normally one to preach patience at the start of a transfer window but it's so obvious what's about to happen. The next 2 and a half months are going to be so fucking painful as we dither around and miss out on target after target and the chance to get players bedded in early slips away. You'd think we'd learn from our mistakes but you just know it's going to be a last minute scramble to get players over the line, complete with all of the overpaying and panic buying that saw us spurt the thick end of €30M on Jean-Ricner Bellegarde & Santi Bueno last summer.

Fuck Fosun

I just hope for his sake, this isn't his Deutsch Nathan Collins moment

€15m is the sort of price that even if he’s a complete flop it’s not a massive disaster. Looks very quick from the videos I’ve seen which is exciting

I will also say I don't think this is the type of player to get people to think "well £800+ pushed me over the edge but this lad from Braga has made me realise the ambition of the club as they are prepared to spend £12m on him, I AM BACK IN" Most of the fans will know nothing about him and I just can't see how that changes anyone's mind

Feels a bit like the days when people were convinced we would start winning games and look decent just as Moxey announced the early bird pricing and then go back to being shit the moment the window closed

I will also say I don't think this is the type of player to get people to think "well £800+ pushed me over the edge but this lad from Braga has made me realise the ambition of the club as they are prepared to spend £12m on him, I AM BACK IN" Most of the fans will know nothing about him and I just can't see how that changes anyone's mind

Feels a bit like the days when people were convinced we would start winning games and look decent just as Moxey announced the early bird pricing and then go back to being shit the moment the window closed
It doesn't move the needle for me, nothing which isn't a financial reduction of some sort will, but if you are looking to talk yourself into it then I guess you could use this and the 'freeze' for next season to do so.

Yeah he's a quality player, the others I listed are more established names or even club legends though. Braga were in the Champions League group stage, won the Taça da Liga and were challenging to finish in the top 3 so there wasn't really any room for a young player like that.

It doesn't move the needle for me, nothing which isn't a financial reduction of some sort will, but if you are looking to talk yourself into it then I guess you could use this and the 'freeze' for next season to do so.
If this move pushes someone to renew, then I would suggest they would have caved on the deadline day regardless.
Easier for Wolves to leak out moves for players they have no chance of getting and then they all fall through the day after the renewal window is closed.

If this move pushes someone to renew, then I would suggest they would have caved on the deadline day regardless.
Easier for Wolves to leak out moves for players they have no chance of getting and then they all fall through the day after the renewal window is closed.
I sense they'll be a lot that will. Certainly the fan groups have taken a victory lap over Shi's relatively small concessions

Yep, exactly that.

Only have to look at the reaction to the "freeze" from many to see that this transfer will have an effect.

There's no reason to "act fast" other than for the ST effect.

Back