• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

No one is EVER buying him after a loan.
Yep, we just need to ensure we at least get his wages paid whilst out on loan then eventually he is someone else's problem

Bet we are delighted we made him sign an extension to his Wolves deal...obviously done with a gun to his head

I like Szomdics, would be surprised if he doesn’t get a decent move.
Wonder will a PL team take a punt on him ?

Luton might go for him in an effort to go straight back up .

I listen to a Portuguese football podcast and they did one recently where they were doing a review of every teams season. They talked for 10 minutes about Famalição (Imagine, 10 whole minutes on Famalição!) and only mentioned Chiquinho in passing.

If I could pick one player out of the 23/24 Famalição squad to play for Wolves next season he'd probably be about 6th choice.

If I could pick one player out of the 23/24 Famalição squad to play for Wolves next season he'd probably be about 6th choice.

Actually, probably 5th.

Gustavo Sá
Matheus Fernandes
Francisco Moura
Zaydou Youssouf
Chiquinho

Reactions: b3h
I am open on Chiq's future.

I liked him in the games he played under Lage after joining us. His ability to get a cross in quickly helped us get that dramatic point at Chelsea. Even looked good when Lage dropped him in the weird hybrid RWB/RW role the night KdB destroyed us.
His injury was a shocker though. Start of last pre-season he genuinely had Stoke fans excited* but once the adrenaline performances stopped he lost his way. Stoke at the time were also a dumpster of a club in terms of the squad make up and generally atmosphere amongst the players.
I hope he does come back this summer and shows something. Just having that option off the bench for a few games would make a difference

*admittedly, that doesn't take much.

I'm hoping Enzo pushes on a bit and is the bench option this season.

Actually, probably 5th.

Gustavo Sá
Matheus Fernandes
Francisco Moura
Zaydou Youssouf
Chiquinho
Just for the oddity of it all I'd quite like us to sign Sa (I have no idea where he plays).

Also getting Callum Doyle from City would be good we could then have.

Sa, Sa, Bueno, Bueno, Lemina, Lemina, Doyle, Doyle.

I never understand this, there's not going to be a material change in his ability between now and the end of pre-season.
Don't think it will be ability as such

1) Does GO want him, don't think he would have even seen anything of him outside videos
2) Does he want to be here. Rumoured he fell into the dickhead camp at Stoke (population: A lot)

I never understand this, there's not going to be a material change in his ability between now and the end of pre-season.
Undoubtedly GoN will want to see in the flesh if he has improved and if he can fit into the team/ squad.

It'll be the same with Mosquera.

Don't think it'll happen with Guedes or Podence.

Couple of things here.......we played Hungary in that friendly this week and beat them 2 - 1......yep , we actually won a game against a decent team .
I know , I know.....end of season friendly and all that , Hungarians looking after themselves in advance of the Euros etc , but right now a win for us is worth an awful lot . We'll take it with both hands thank you very much .

Secondly - was listening to a half time analysis on the radio , and for the first time ever I heard two Irish pundits have a right go at Doherty for being lazy , not willing to track back ,totally disinterested etc .
I had heard bits and pieces before , but never that critical from Irish pundits ( one was a former LOI player and another was a journalist / commentator ) .
He was hooked on 45 minutes and Coleman wasn't - says enough .

Thirdly - Sammy Szmodics has now finally agreed to play for us as has Tom Cannon . Szmodics is 28 to be fair , but scored 27 League goals for a struggling Blackburn last season plus a few more cup goals . We'll have a bit of that thanks . Cannon - still a bit unknown as to his potential , but again - a lot more promising than what we had been dealing with for the last 10 odd years .
Did notice in the last international window a couple of commentators on about his body language & level of application, has ramped up this window.
Didn't see the game but by all accounts him & shane Duffy were atrocious 1st half.
That Instagram pist didn't help him either

Did notice in the last international window a couple of commentators on about his body language & level of application, has ramped up this window.
Didn't see the game but by all accounts him & shane Duffy were atrocious 1st half.
That Instagram pist didn't help him either
I mean, he does play like it most of the time...

Just for the oddity of it all I'd quite like us to sign Sa (I have no idea where he plays).

Also getting Callum Doyle from City would be good we could then have.

Sa, Sa, Bueno, Bueno, Lemina, Lemina, Doyle, Doyle.
Pugh, Pugh, Barney Mcgrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb making up the bench?

Back