• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Might be my memory (or cognitive bias) but I think a fair chunk of Hwang's goals came from a bobble/deflection into his area rather than genuine combinations. You can't count on that as strategy. The whole "right place right time" so reliant on luck. And if he's not getting those fortunate chances then he spends most of the game tearing around fucking stuff up.
He has scored goals like that, a lot of them under Lage. His debut goal was a screamer from a few inches out.
Some of his goals have been top finishes, with skillz that have put keepers and defenders on their arse and the rest, just nice finishes with shots across the keeper.
It's been a decent mix tbh and all good for a striker. Not reliant on 1 thing

However he mixes that with moments where you wonder how he became pro. Such an odd player but GO has got the best out of him.

Obviously the new striker needs to be somebody capable of ousting him from the team. But three senior no.9’s for one place is one too many. Especially with Cunha capable of playing there should both be injured at the same time.

Obviously the new striker needs to be somebody capable of ousting him from the team. But three senior no.9’s for one place is one too many. Especially with Cunha capable of playing there should both be injured at the same time.
It's not 3 though. You think Neto and Sarabia are going so for him to be 3rd choice forward rather than a fill in we'd need to be signing 2 wide forwards, unless you think RAN or Cunha will be starting from there?

I've got no problem with Hwang as a #9 in certain games, he gave Mengi (who I rate but is quite inexperienced) the run around in the win at Molineux but then on the last game of the season Joachim Andersen basically pocketed him with very little fuss.

If he's a long term option there it means we need to sign another winger as well, on top of the 2 we need to sign if Neto & Sarabia leave. Then in terms of numbers you've still only added 1 player to a forward line that really struggled to cope with injuries and workload towards the end of the season.

It's not 3 though. You think Neto and Sarabia are going so for him to be 3rd choice forward rather than a fill in we'd need to be signing 2 wide forwards, unless you think RAN or Cunha will be starting from there?
Sorry you lost me a bit there?
It would be three if we signed two strikers.

Might be my memory (or cognitive bias) but I think a fair chunk of Hwang's goals came from a bobble/deflection into his area rather than genuine combinations. You can't count on that as strategy. The whole "right place right time" so reliant on luck. And if he's not getting those fortunate chances then he spends most of the game tearing around fucking stuff up.
I watched something the other day with Gary Lineker talking about how hard he worked making dozens of runs a game that were ignored, just so he could be in the "right place at the right time". Being in the wrong place at the wrong time dozens of times in a game to be in the right place once or twice is a striker's game and can require a lot of skill.

With Hwang it's probably just luck. 😜😂

I've got no problem with Hwang as a #9 in certain games, he gave Mengi (who I rate but is quite inexperienced) the run around in the win at Molineux but then on the last game of the season Joachim Andersen basically pocketed him with very little fuss.

If he's a long term option there it means we need to sign another winger as well, on top of the 2 we need to sign if Neto & Sarabia leave. Then in terms of numbers you've still only added 1 player to a forward line that really struggled to cope with injuries and workload towards the end of the season.
Tbf we did have many of them all out at the same time. Doesn’t happen very often and mainly because we had to flog those 3 or 4 trusted to play. Having 6 trusted first team attackers across 3 positions should be fine plus knowing RAN can play further forward too.

Hwang is best centrally but not solo. He needs somebody to link with if he’s going to be most effective.

As a #9 or focal point, he ain’t it chief.

Daily Record says the links with Forest are bollocks and Adams is still joining us.

Sorry you lost me a bit there?
It would be three if we signed two strikers.
Because he'd be first choice wide forward and therefore only 3rd choice striker if moved. His primary position would still be as a wide forward unless you are suggesting we are signing 2?

Last edited:
Because he'd be first choice wide forward and therefore only 3rd choice striker if moved. His primary position would still be as a wide forward unless you are suggesting we are signing 2?
I don't think Hwang is very good as a wide forward. He should really be squad depth for striker/ wide forward.

But it looks like the club wont do that and we get to suffer a paper thin squad again with no quality below the starting XI.

I'd say they never learn but I think the fucking cunt running the club thinks 17th is acceptable.

Back